BMI 37-38 Questions about WLS

goetz102
on 3/14/09 3:24 am - aberdeen, SD
I have fought weight all my life.  I have done the Yo-Yo affect.  I also have been on diets 3 time doctor supervised using the Phentermine drug everytime I go off the drug I gain the weight and sometimes more back.  When I did lose the weight on Phenteramine and even off I exercised sometime from 3 times a week all the way up to 7 times a week hard.  I just have no success long term.  I have done alot of research on WLS and I am so prepared and wanting to go forward but I am afraid that insurance will not cover.  I have started to have problems with my ankles just recently sprained it badly and will continue to have problems with it for up to a year is what I was told.  I also have GERD I had surgery for it in 2003 but after that had a child and it no longer is working I can't take medication for it because I am allergic to all the meds I can use and have severe lifethreatening reactions from taking them.  Due the the reactions I now carry and Epi Pen.  I have dealt with depression but mostly due to lack of self confidence cause by the weight.  I have heart disease, high blood pressure, and Diabetes in my immediate family.  I want to take care of this before it is to out of control does anyone have any experience with a similiar situation to mine.  I have BCBS.
Kathy B.
on 3/15/09 12:40 pm - Pierre, SD
I don't know about some of your health problems, but is sure sounds to me like you would benefit greatly from the WLS. I had tried all of my life to lose weight and would lose as much as 80-100lbs. The trouble was it always came back plus some. Then 3 1/2 years ago I quit smoking and that was all it took to baloon me up to 325 lbs! I am about 1 1/2 months out from gastric bypass and have already lost 45 lbs! I feel better than I have for years! The surgery is not a quick fix though and there is a lot that you have to change, including emotional. I wish you luck whatever you decide! Add me to your friends list and we can keep in touch!

Kat
Pre-op 325/Current 205/Goal 160

goetz102
on 3/15/09 2:14 pm - aberdeen, SD
I have pretty much decided to go ahead and go forward.  I am just nervous about the insurance approval process and doctors approval.  I know this is what I need.  I know I can handle the emotional part I have done it for years and I know I don't know the extra added but have been through the diagnosis of my son having autism in the 2 years as well and I believe I can make it through anything.  I just quit smoking myself...  Thanks for the info did you have any complications from the surgery and how long were you out of work.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bariatric Event!
monymony · 0 replies · 6141 views
LGBT forum invitation
seanbear66rn · 0 replies · 6080 views
Hello all
stephp77 · 0 replies · 5991 views