Is it even possible?

Gillyc
on 11/22/13 5:30 pm, edited 11/22/13 5:33 pm
DS on 12/17/13

Almost 4 years ago I went through the lead up to having a RNY while living abroad but decided  I was not yet ready for it.  I had another pregnancy instead.  Anyways,  in September I booked an appointment with Dr. Ganger  and got myself on the list for a DS.  After much debate I decided I needed the year of predicted wait time to find a daycare for my twins.

I'm very torn between excitement and terror because I got an email tonight saying I was next on their list and he has an opening in 3 weeks (for what I imagine must be the surgery?).  I've emailed back asking for clarification and if it wasn't some mistake.  

I have no idea what to think, I'm trying to be prepared for the news on Monday that they just want an appointment to see me or some such.  If it's real, how can it be? They said I could have it by Dec (2013) if I payed out of pocket!  It can't be possible for them to mean surgery covered by RAMQ,  right?

Sorry for rambling.

justpete
on 11/22/13 8:49 pm
VSG on 04/02/13

its covered in most institutions if your BMI is over 40 or 35 with comorbidities.  Dr Gagner has a private clinic also, so that might be where the payment out of pocket comment comes from.  The wait times in quebec really are not long at all once you get the process going ... especially if someone cancels and they find someone to fill in the slot.  Start looking for that daycare or in home help!  not sure how old or big your kids are, but you will have some weight lifting limitations the first month and also some difficulty bending the first couple weeks ... so some added help of a family member at home with kids or daycare is certainly something to plan on.

HW: 407   Final Appointment : 376   Pre-op Diet Start: 367   SW: 350 (Apr2/2013) Add me on MFP

Gillyc
on 11/23/13 6:32 am
DS on 12/17/13

So you would think it's actually possible then?  My twins are only just 2, and I have a 5 year old as well.  I had c-sections in both pregnancies as well as also having had my gallbladder out so I imagine the feeling post op will be about the same.

I do worry about not lifting the boys.  I worry more about how hard it will be to get the food/water in that I will need.

We live a car free life and winter is always the hardest.  I usually pull groceries home on our sled, guess I won't be able to do that until February...

If you struggle with energy before the operation does this generally stay the same, get worse, or improve?

Most Active