Almost three years to the day --- the phone rang!!!!!!

Kelley_girl123
on 9/11/13 8:08 pm - St. Bruno, Quebec, Canada
Hi Everyone:

Guess what???? Yep, yesterday I got a call from Sacre-Coeur and things are starting to move. I am extremely psyched. I am going for the nutrition course on Monday and then need to have a sleep apnea test done (not sure when that will be- the pulmonology department will contact me soon) I am hoping the turnaround for all these tests is quick but I am excited /nervous nonethless.

Just knowing that YES it will be soon feels wonderful. When they called yesterday, my entire face lit up.

I am thinking maybe November or December. .

If u also went to Sacre-Coeur - please let me know the timeline of how things went for u so maybe that can give me a better idea. I am super excited.

I guess the blood work should be soon?

Thanks everybody.

Have a good one

freckles1973
on 9/12/13 3:22 am - Canada

Congrats !!

I am also having surgery through Sacre Coeur hospital. Like you I was very excited when I got the call that I would need to attend the information session and a gastroscopy, I knew things were moving as well.

I got that call this past July and then I received my surgery date Sept 16th. However that day was postponed now until Oct 9th.

Can't wait :-)!!

So hopefully, your date for surgery will be 2-3 months from now :-)

Kelley_girl123
on 9/12/13 12:27 pm - St. Bruno, Quebec, Canada
Thanks Freckles. Am even more anxious after reading ur message. . I am hoping the lung department lol calls me soon for the sleep apnea test so things move along. Am. NOt concerned about the test as I don't think I have issues but because of my bmi, its a must. What other test should i expect?

Thanks again.

Kellie.
Barbara_journey
on 9/12/13 10:37 pm - Canada

Hi had surgery at sacre coeur with Dr Denis.

I went for the info session/ nutrition thing Summer 2011 and had my surgery scheduled for June 1, 2012, it was pursponed to July 17th 2012..

I had my pre-op blood work in Apr 2nd 2012...

Good luck!

:)

Kelley_girl123
on 9/13/13 12:24 am - St. Bruno, Quebec, Canada

Thanks Barb.   I am hopeful that it will be soon.  It's been three years since I first saw Dr. Denis - this is the first time the hospital has called me.   I have heard some say that they had their course a while in advance but lately it seems that they have been scheduling everything closer together.     (this is me staying positive  LOL).  

Have a good one!!   :-)  

freckles1973
on 9/13/13 12:53 am - Canada

Once I received the call in July..things moved very fast.  I attended the course at the beginning of August, by mid August was having my pre-op tests..blood work and EKG and Gastroscopy due to experiencing acid reflux.

I don't know if everyone's experience was like mine. I hope for you it is :-)

sonia29
on 9/14/13 9:26 am

I'm happy for you!

Enjoy this wonderful journey!!!!

29y/ 5'4 / HW 265/SW 255/CW 120.1/Final goal 125

Most Active