Quick update...

Gabriella21
on 1/19/12 4:07 am - Roxboro, Canada

Hi everybody,

First of all thanks to everyone for all the good wishes...much appreciated!

So this is my second week post-op and last night was the first night I had that I slept through the night. What a difference that makes!!

Everything else is ok...difficult getting in so much water but the trick is to take a sip every 10 minutes ( as per Martine) but I am trying. I'm managing soups both just broth and creamy but I add clear broth so it's not too thick and strain it and also,,,don't forget to add the BeneProtein...lol
I'm having cereal in the morning (takes me forver to eat 1/2 a cup) very filling. I'm also doing ok on a few crackers and yogurt (greek) high protein.

I'm moving around alot more but I tire quickly...so my body tells me what to do.

So that's it for now, hope you all have a great day!!

Hugs,
Ada
mtl_chick
on 1/19/12 10:42 am - Canada
Ada,
Sounds like you are doing great !
I had so much problems with the beneprotein. I hated that stuff....
Energy levels will come back up soon. I promise :)

Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Cindy

HW 352 SW 328              
Gabriella21
on 1/20/12 3:27 am - Roxboro, Canada

Hi Cindy,

I'm ok with the beneprotein. I've put it in my soup and jello so far and not too bad...just don't smell it too much...lol

Thanks for the encouragement Cindy. How are you doing? You were feeling nauseous all the time a while back...

Ada
Sugan Spice
on 1/19/12 10:54 pm - Gatineau, Canada
Revision on 02/21/12
YAY Ada!

Well done!!!! Happy to hear things are progressing nicely!

C

Gabriella21
on 1/20/12 3:28 am - Roxboro, Canada
Thanks for the encouragement...won't be long for you...!!
robyn2260_0
on 1/19/12 11:39 pm - Canada
I'm soo happy your doing well, love to hear the progression, makes me excited for my surgery.......

I am surprised your doing cereal......... what kind are you eating?

as for pain..... and vitamins..... what did they give you? pill form?

robyn
Gabriella21
on 1/20/12 3:24 am - Roxboro, Canada

Yup doing cereal...have you done your NUT class yet? That's when you'll see what you can eat and cereal is at the stage after clear liquids. I'm having plain old corn flakes but on the list you have a few other choices including hot cereals.

I'm off the pain meds now. Was off about 4-5 days post-op as for vitamins we need to wait a while. I think 5-6 weeks but I need to re-read my info and it's chewable btw.

As for the medication I got for post-op it's in pill form. They gave me for pain, heartburn/reflux, constipation as well Dr.Garneau (don't know about the other Dr's) gives us a prescription for Lovenox and that's for blood clotting. You do have to inject it but not painful at all and they show you what to do in the hospital and that's for 3 weeks.

Think I answered all your questions...
Bye for now,
Ada
robyn2260_0
on 1/20/12 4:01 pm - Canada
injecting a needle doesnt sound appealing to me............. I hate needles, is it like an epipen...or do you have to pinch the skin and incert?

is it a large needle?

I do have the book and have done the NUT, its easier to hear it from someone who is going through it.  I was under the impression that vitamins were liquid form.....

do u have any hunger cravings, or not hungry at all?

robyn
Gabriella21
on 1/21/12 12:42 am - Roxboro, Canada

Hi Robyn,

For the needle...not big. I don't like them either but you need to do what must be done. The nurse will explain everything. They are great...especially this nurse called Joanne she's very nice and has a great sense of humour.

The only time I really felt "hunger"or "craving" is when my mom was cooking and the smell was just amazing...but did I want some...not really. I think that the memories are what I still feel...head hunger.
At times I think I feel hunger and I take that sip of water (that is practically attached to my hip...lol) and it goes away. So far so good.

Ada
Most Active