Struggling today....

Kimberly *******
on 12/29/07 3:32 am - The Boonies of...., ME
Made it through yesterday just fine. REally didn't have any horrible sweet cravings, but today is a totally different story! Ugghhhh....My head is exploding and I want something sweet so bad! I haven't given in. I had some fruit salad w/ SF dip and it seems to be doing the trick...for now.:-l Going through D-Tox is the pits.
MARCIAM
on 12/29/07 3:59 am - Sayville, NY
How about having something - "No sugar added"? Maybe some jello pudding or cookies. The no sugar added stuff is decent if it has splenda. I don't think it is bad for once in a while...
Kimberly *******
on 12/29/07 5:25 am - The Boonies of...., ME
Right now I'm just trying to stay away from anything sweet so my darned sweet tooth will calm down! I did have some flavored creamer in my coffee. My head is just killing me because of no sugar. Maybe it's like a hangover and if I have just a little bite of something sweet it will help? I can make more excuses for having something sweet than anyone I know! LOL
Sharon T.
on 12/29/07 5:46 am - Southern , WI
Gee, honey, I wish I could help you with this, but I've never had that problem. If you would allow yourself like 2 pieces of candy a day, and no more, would that help with your sweet tooth? Set your mindset to that's the way it is, and hold to it? We used to have a a girl, on the board who did that, and it helped her immensely. Just 2 pieces of Russell Stover, a day. Just an idea! Kim, I think probably, all of us have learned how to make good excuses to ourselves, over the years! How else could we be accountable. I'm afraid we have all been in that boat!~
Kimberly *******
on 12/29/07 11:24 am - The Boonies of...., ME
Chelle B.
on 12/29/07 6:36 am
My new cheat food, when I am having cravings, is a Bit of Honey bar. 190 calories, and it takes forever to eat it!! Ok so I will never give up sweets. I am still down over 100 lbs! And DeeTox scares me!
Kimberly *******
on 12/29/07 11:25 am - The Boonies of...., ME
Those things make my jaws ache! LOL They definitely take a while to eat. Good idea!
sharyn_pear
on 12/29/07 7:18 am - Australia
Kimberly, I think you are very brave getting off the sweet stuff at this time of the year! I have 'runs' on sweets and may have a chocolate bar everyday for a week then I don't have any for months. I decided to be kind to myself - well that's how I justify it. It's usually just before 'that' time of the month and if I am under stress - ok... I guess that makes it the whole month LOL My boogey man is fat/greasy stuff. I've really got to stop putting cream in my coffee. Just as a side story.... we had someone in hospital detoxing (alcoholic) and when he started putting sugar in his coffee he felt much better! Now I'm not saying start drinking LOL .. I just thought it was interesting how much of a hold sugar can have over us. Hang in there you are doing great, Sharyn
Kimberly *******
on 12/29/07 11:18 am - The Boonies of...., ME
Yeah, but I don't exercise like you do this time of year. Landscaping is done until spring and it's been snowing every other day here all month. That makes for a perfect recipe for "excuses" on why I can't exercise. lol I really need to re-focus and get back on track. I know that there is no magic formula or easy way out. I really think I need a small fill to help me get through the day.
sharyn_pear
on 12/29/07 12:40 pm - Australia
I think you are way too hard on yourself . Maybe a small fill might help.... or maybe re-focusing is what is needed. Personally, I'd always go to re-focusing before a fill. So do you have any exercise dvd's etc? Tell you what.. jump on the exercise thread on Jan 1 and come winter here.... you can kick my ass S.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still here?
Livewithnoregrets · 2 replies · 1214 views
Going on 5 years out
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3795 views
Posts?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3833 views
workouts / exercise?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3624 views