What keeps you fullest....longest?

Kimberly *******
on 12/27/07 9:56 pm - The Boonies of...., ME
I have a hard time deciding what to eat for breakfast that is going to really stick with me. I really don't want chicken/beef for breakfast and it doesn't seem like oatmeal, cereal, or eggs would be considered solid protein. I reallly need some ideas that will help me get back on track. Being couped up in the house is a real bummer and I feel like I'm hungry all the time. I know it's head hunger....but it's just as real to my brain as true hunger. Any and alll ideas willl be welcomed!
monymony
on 12/27/07 10:00 pm
Hi Kim, I eat shredded wheat for breakfast. In fact, I am eating this while I am answering you. How about a veggie omelet? The healthy carbs are okay to eat. Protein, fruit, veggies and fiber will keep you full for a longer period of time. Mona
Amanda Miller
on 12/27/07 10:37 pm - Cleveland, OH
Morning! I really can't help you.. breakfast I get full fast.. but it doesn't last long. I eat something with eggs and cheese every morning and I am tight in the morning and it wears off all day.. so by dinner I can eat a lot if it isn't solid like Chicken. So I hope someone comes up with a good answer for you. Amanda
yvonnemarie
on 12/27/07 10:56 pm - peabody, MA
Hi Kimmee and everyone It is so good to see you again. Kimmee, I find that smaller meals work for me. In the morning I have oatmeal. And, a couple or three hours later, I'll have a yogurt. I like soups for lunch and dinner. I will also eat tuna salad, chicken salad, etc., about 4 oz at a time. If I I think I am not getting enough calories this way, I'll whip up a shake. My best weight loss has occured when I eat like this. Have a wonderful day!. Yvonne
Sharon T.
on 12/27/07 10:57 pm - Southern , WI
Well, I don't know if you can eat bread, but I use Healthy Life, very thin whole wheat bread, 35 calories a slice, and I love it as toast, and I buy turkey breakfast sausages, very good, and have two sausages, and a piece of toast, and between the fiber, and protein, it keeps me full. However, I really have no problem feeling full. To ME, breakfast is the key to the whole day, so I usually eat a bigger breakfast. I also make a 2 egg, cheese omlette, fried in Pam butter, and either have a slice of toast, OR a couple sausages. I know a lot of Bandsters have a problem, eating early, and with breakfast food. It seems I've always eaten more in quantity, than most, but it works for me! Hope you can find something that keeps you full, or maybe a small snack, in between breakfast, and lunch. I know a lot think cheese is useless, but my doctor told me, LF string cheese, gives you protein, and is actually a source of calcium, so I eat that in between, if I have a light breakfast. You know how we are ALL so different, as well, as our doctors! What is this, I seem to be really yacky, today! ha I guess, because, I don't have to be so guarded as on the other board! lol
Kimberly *******
on 12/27/07 11:02 pm - The Boonies of...., ME
I don't have a really tight fill. I am really afraid of being too tight and pbing too much. My dr. is very conservative and won't give me any more fill even if I wanted it. I've had two flouros and both times when he added a 1/4 cc the fluid would back up into my esophogus (sp?) I am tighter in the morning and have never been a breakfast eater...but by 11:00 watch out! LOL Thanks for the ideas.
CaroleK
on 12/27/07 11:20 pm - AL
I like tofu scramble with veggies (onions, green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes) and veggie sausage patties. Or I'll have veggie sausage and a real whole grain bagel or toast with apple butter or no-sugar-added preserves. I like veggie sausage rather than the meat sausage because it can be nuked quickly, is lower in fat and doesn't have a "greasy" feel/flavour. I've also been known to eat a Morningstar Farms black bean burger topped with a poached egg and salsa (and maybe if I'm feelin' frisky a teaspoon of sour cream).
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/07 2:46 am - Miramar Beach, FL
Hi Kim, my standard breakfast is Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal with 1% milk. I have very little of the milk, just enough to moisten the cereal. I scoop the cereal out, sort of draining the milk against the bowl as I eat it. It really keeps me very full, with 9 gr. of protein and 8 gr. of fiber. But, once in a while I have an omelet. I watched the omelet chef at Hampton Inn make omelets last summer, and that's how I make mine now. I put just a little olive oil in a small non-stick skillet, add some chopped veggies (for convenience, I use frozen pre-chopped onion and green pepper, and a little frozen chopped spinach). Cook the veggies a few minutes until they're softened, then add your beaten egg. Cook for a couple of minutes, until the egg starts to set up, flip, and then add a sprinkle of low-fat shredded cheese and fold in half. Cook a minute or so, flip again, cook another minute & serve. Deli****he difference in this method of cooking from what I used to do is having the "filling" cooked in the egg. It's yummy...try it! (But, it may take a little practice to get the flipping down pat...I've had "scrambled" omelet a few times, lol.) Tami
Kimberly *******
on 12/28/07 3:32 am - The Boonies of...., ME
Sounds great Tami! Great way for cooking the omelet too. I always get too many filling items in the omelet and then it takes it forever to set up..ultimately cooking the underside of the omelet too much. I'll have to try your method. Thanks.
Robyn
on 12/28/07 4:32 am - Milford, DE
Cream of wheat seems to fill me up pretty good and then I don't have to worry about it getting stuck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still here?
Livewithnoregrets · 2 replies · 1214 views
Going on 5 years out
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3795 views
Posts?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3833 views
workouts / exercise?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3624 views