Wows at First Sat. Barix meeting

Arlene E.
on 4/7/12 5:26 am - Philadelphia, PA

First wows go to all those who took time from Holiday Preparations and festivities to come out to give and receive support.

Next - wows to all the newbies who are cherishing all the special feelings that come with being a newbie.  You look fantastic and I encourage you to stay connected.

Wows to all the words of wisdom shared today.  Each time I attend I try to make a mental note of things relevant and helpful for me to continue on this journey.  Today I kept hearing how it is our personal choices that make or break us.  We are responsible for achieving our goals, whatever they may be.  We can choose to make positive changes and think about all the good in our lives or we can choose to focus on only the negatives and the stresses which we all encounter.  Today I choose to enjoy this beautiful day, think about the good people in my life and look forward to a Passover seder this evening with friends.  

A special shout out to Laureen for being a terrific and inspiring group leader and for being a special friend.

I really hope to keep seeing all of you at our meetings and once again extend to all of those who do not attend an invitation to join us. 

Laureen S.
on 4/7/12 8:35 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Arlene and those who attend Barix Support. . .

Each and every meeting at Barix is an event that I find uplifting because of those who continue to show up and share their journey, as Barbara said yesterday, Quitters don't win and Winners don't quit!

We are all winners!

I certainly appreciate the wonderful friendships I've made along the way, you being one of them!

Have a great day!  Happy Passover to those celebrating and Happy Easter to those who celebrate it!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jastypes
on 4/9/12 3:15 am - Croydon, PA
You guys are awesome!  There is nowhere I would rather spend my holiday weekend!  I know I was quiet this week at Barix, but I sure did get a lot out of what was discussed.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Nicole0216
on 4/10/12 5:20 am - Lancaster, PA
Jill didn't you say there was a cross addiction forum on here?? I cannot find it
jastypes
on 4/10/12 5:22 am - Croydon, PA
I think it's a "group" rather than a "forum".  There are LOTS of members, but not a lot of posting.  Another site I recommend is sober24.com

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/crossingtotransferaddiction s/discussion/

Blessings, Jill

Nicole0216
on 4/10/12 5:50 am - Lancaster, PA
thanks I have been asked to speak to Ephrata Bariatric about cross addiction and wanted to some advice on what to share possibly some cases
jastypes
on 4/10/12 5:53 am - Croydon, PA
Let me know if I can be of any service.  This is a cause near and dear to my heart, as you know. 

Blessings, Jill

Nicole0216
on 4/10/12 6:04 am - Lancaster, PA

You could send me your story? Or wanna come talk? LOL [email protected]

bvohl
on 4/7/12 10:12 pm
Arlene and Laureen,

Thank you so much for your words of wisdom and support! That is why I keep on coming back!! It is so comforting to know that you are there for us month after month. You are truly appreciated!

Support is key to this journey!

Thanks again!!

Happy Easter and Happy Passover!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Arlene E.
on 4/8/12 2:50 am - Philadelphia, PA

Beth,

Thanks for your kind words. It is because of special folks like you that I stay connected. Despite your struggles, you keep showing up. You share your wows and your woes. You will be a success story because you are determined to succeed. Attitude is everything.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1801 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1897 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2576 views