fill docs portland

susan L.
on 8/14/04 10:56 am - portland, OR
i have found an osteopath in portland who will do fills for 150.00 first time she sends you to tacoma for fluro. i have read it is dangerous to do fills without fluro. also, she has yhet to answer my question about her office address. my question is are their any docs in portland who will do fills even though you've had surgery in mexico (self pay) bandsters forum doesnt have any answers. i dont really understand why any doc who does the band procdure wont just do fills and charge for it. surely it isnt a question of responsibilty. are they just mad cause you couldnt afford the 20,000 cash required to get it done here?? any thoughts? opinions ? advice ? welcome susan
NadineM
on 8/14/04 11:39 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi Susan. I have been meaning to call you! Did you talk to Marcie B? She's the one I told you had the band done in Mexico and I think she has a fill Dr. but they are in Seattle area. How's your luck coming? I want to hear how your progress is and hopefully meet you soon......my LA friend!!! As I mentioned that a few girls get together now and then and I hope to meet soon! Hugs, Nadine
susan L.
on 8/15/04 9:42 am - portland, OR
oh nadine, new picture?? what a raving beauty you are. on the marci thing did you give me her addy i cant remember (this is your brain on drugs) . ill go back and look. how are you feeling. good ?? looking good for sure. im kinda freaking about giving up the 1lt beer i have a day and the 4 bottles of no sodium seltzer i am a carbonation addict. but , ill have to change my ways. not sure why but ill do it. love
NadineM
on 8/15/04 1:57 pm - Vancouver, WA
Hi Susan, Yes, a new pic, I hated the one I had online before anyway! So, here's the real me....LOL Thanks for the compliment. Yes, I gave you her address but if you can't find it you can look at the top link that says find peers and look under Oregon, in Hillsboro for a Marci B and she said she was happy to talk to you all about it!! I'm feeling great, just not loosing as fast as everyone else, but that's ok. I know how you feel about the beer, and wine and carbonation I am having withdrawls but I know in the end I can have them again it just might be awhile. I have even heard of people having soda's too....wow! Talk to you soon....Nadine
Dinka Doo
on 8/14/04 5:46 pm - Medford, OR
I am curious what would happen if someone called and said they were needing a fill and they had just moved here from Timbuktoo and needed to establish someone local for fills. Wonder what they would do then? They might want records, but couldn't you just....um.....convert your Mexico records? Just a thought. Dina
susan L.
on 8/15/04 9:47 am - portland, OR
dina, i know i cant believe they would never accept anyone elses patients. unfortunately because lap band is so new to us and especially in portland i need some feedback from people who have come from other docs and been accepted or not. hoping this would solicite some folks. but, maybe it hasnt come up as an issue here in portland yet. thanks for the response, susan
theresa D.
on 8/15/04 3:32 pm - gladstone, or
hey dina, this isn't about lap band "BUT".. when I moved up here from florida I was only 3 months post op.. I called EVERYONE and never did find a surgeon that would see me.. I was someone else's patient.. ok, well I managed to get into a support group at vancouver clinic.. at one meeting a doc came in (his office manager ran the group) after the doc talked for awhile he then took questions.. well, I put his office manager on the spot (it was her that I spoke to on the phone and she is the one who said NO) I told this doc my situation and he said he would see me but only if I started having complications ect.. thank GOD I never did have complications.. I havn't been followed with my RNY since I was 2 months post op.. my PCP does my blood work and that's all I get as far as follow up care.. how scary is that? tomarrow I am 16 months post op.. I wondered about this too.. how do mexico surgery people get follow up care??? Theresa
Dinka Doo
on 8/17/04 12:27 am - Medford, OR
Well, I was lucky that my DH's doctor who is an internist said he would do my after care. He obtained all the information he could about after-care from the local bariatric surgeons and uses that as his guide for my lab work, etc. Being an internist he could perform a dilation if I had a stricture but obviously not for the invasive surgical procedures. However, there is a doctor in Ashland now that is starting up his bariatric center who is willing to take patients from out of the area. I go to church with him and he told me he would take myself and other bariatric patients from elsewhere. I don't know if he will do lap band or not yet. But at least there is an option if I find I have a problem. Incredible to me that they are so skittish about taking new patients. I guess they are too freaked out about liability. Dina
Wildflowers4mom
on 12/15/16 11:20 am

Hi Tina my name is Nina I just moved away from Ashland a year ago but I'm coming back for the spring! I hope you still read this forum. I'd love to know someone with the same experiences with the Lap-Band

I'm curious to know who your doctor is that you go to church with it would be great to know of a good church in the area. I am looking to get a nun fill I'd love to tell you about my experience and connect!

tammym
on 8/16/04 6:13 am - Portland, OR
Revision on 01/16/12
I had Open VBG in Texas in 8/2001 and never could find a local doc to do follow up care. The last time I saw a doctor was when I was discharged to fly home from Texas 4 days after surgery. I could not find a PCP who would refer me for WLS here, that's why I went to TX (they didn't require a referral). If you do find a doc, please let me know too! I guess it's a good thing I haven't been too sick. I even have insurance. Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics