The dreaded pre-surgical diet!

Maria N.
on 8/7/03 1:36 am - Portland, OR
Well, I'm on Dr. Patterson's dreaded tuna/cottage cheese/salad diet. I've lost 5 pounds in 4 days! I was shocked. My husband is doing it with me (what a guy!) and he's lost 3 pounds. I'm only cheating a teeeeeensy bit...had to sprinkle some parmesan over the tuna and green bean bake I made for dinner last night. And I've found a decent protein drink: Proscore 100. Fortunately with the band I won't have to drink them forever, just presurgically and during the liquid and mushy phases. Woo hoo! Happy almost Friday everyone...
Sheri D.
on 8/7/03 8:44 am - Wilsonville, OR
Wow--good job on staying on it and the weight loss. So nice that your husband is helping you stay on it! Good Luck and well wishes for friday!! Why did you chose the band? It isn't an option on my insurance but I do know a man that has had it done. He had it done about 3 months ago and has lost over 65 pds.
Dina M.
on 8/11/03 12:21 am
Maria, If you are diabetic - be very, very careful with the Patterson pre-op diet. It royally screwed up my diabetes - for months. I actually lost the 20 lbs required by Patterson - stayed on the diet - and regained 25 lbs! Also had to nearly double my diabetes meds as a result. My diabetes dietician told me it was the stupidest diet she'd ever heard of in her life! dina
Most Active
Recent Topics