**REGION OF DURHAN WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY - SUPPORT GROUP**

Cheryl1965
on 10/15/13 4:13 pm - Pickering, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 11/13/12

Hello, if anyone out there, is looking for a support group in the Region of Durham, please do not hesitate to contact me. So many of us have had our weight loss surgery, are in the process, or are in the mist of considering to have the surgery, and really just need that someone to talk to and provide support, concerns, ideas, victories etc. With people who can identify, as we have been exactly where YOU are. Please, do not hesitate to contact me if you are at all interested, or have any question regarding this group. We hold our meetings once per month, but someone is always available when support is needed, or just a friendly voice to talk to. Everyone of us in the group ALL realize it is not as easy as just going through with the surgery. There are so many other factors/emotions etc. involved in this life process. I can honestly say, everything is not always perfect, and you will or have faced both good, and bad days as we all have. Everyone of us is human, and in this particular group, so many of our members, have faced many challenges that we would have not have even considered going through, before our surgery.

A little information about myself:

My name is Cheryl Drake, I am 48 years old, and live in Pickering, Ontario. I had my Gastric Sleeve Surgery, at the Humber River Regional Hospital (Finch site) back on November 13, 2012. My surgeon was Dr. Laz Klein. Going into the surgery my starting weight was  480 LBS., as of today October 16, 2013, I am very proud to say I now weigh 245 LBS. I still have a ways to go, but I KNOW that I am going to get there for the first time in my life, after many years of attempts with yo-yo dieting, Weigh****chers, Jenny Craig, etc.!!! In closing, I have to say having the weight loss surgery, was the VERY BEST thing I have ever done for myself. I can't even begin to explain how much my life has changed for the better. I can now do things I would have never thought were possible. One HUGE example for me, was the day I could cross my legs for the first time. I can't even remember how long it had been prior, but way more than 30 years ago. I had tears rolling down my face that day, because I was just so thrilled. I am really looking forward to all of your replies.

If anyone is interested in joining our very supportive group, please do not hesitate to e-mail me at: [email protected]. I look forward to meeting some new faces, and sharing our very similar stories together. But most of ALL supporting each other.

Sincerely,

Cheryl

Robyn R.
on 10/15/13 10:52 pm - Bowmanville, Canada

Thanks Cheryl

I made it to one group meeting and really want to re-connect.  I will be emailing you.  Is there a regular schedule of meetings already set up?

Robyn

Referral Summer 2012, Orientation June 10/13 HRRH, Dr Hagen July 3/13, Dr Glazer, RN/RD/SW September 19/13, Dr Hagen October 10/13, Surgery January 21/14

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/370613/tickers/robynrne2b9ddd6b097c6ab0185ec57651b7f22.png?1392080601

HW 290  Opti Start Weight 280.9  Surgery Weight 264.8 CW 207

Cheryl1965
on 10/16/13 1:29 am - Pickering, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 11/13/12

Hi Robyn,

Yes there is regular scheduled meetings, I look forward to receiving your e-mail.

Cheryl

Most Active
Recent Topics