discount card

robinmarie1959
on 2/14/12 11:16 am - Canada
 Just wondering my cousin in guelph had said she knew some lady that had the surgery done and she got a discount card from somewhere saying for the resturants to please let her have the kids meal portions and prices they say some do it and some dont Has anyone heard of that if so where can you get one
Leanne1
on 2/14/12 11:38 am - Newmarket, Canada
I don't think the centers do that here.. I had a friend that had her RNY in the states and they gave her something like that.

If I want to order off the kids menu, I tell that to the waitress and if they give me a hard time I ask to talk to the manager.
robinmarie1959
on 2/14/12 8:54 pm - Canada
 ok thanks alot

on_my_way2011
on 2/14/12 6:33 pm - Canada
In my experience the food on the kids menu isn't often WLS friendly, which is sad!  However, I eat in restaurants quite a bit (travel for business...no choice) and I have found they are all quite willing to modify what they bring.  I have asked for a side salad with a piece of fish or chicken or some other made up meal that is not on the menu and I haven't been turned down yet!  Usually I can't eat the entire piece of meat they bring, but if I have a fridge available (which I ususally don't) I take the leftovers with me, but more often I am with a large group and someone is more than happy to eat my leftovers for me!

Tracy

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

robinmarie1959
on 2/14/12 8:55 pm - Canada
 thank you
Mary A.
on 2/15/12 11:43 pm
On February 15, 2012 at 2:33 AM Pacific Time, on_my_way2011 wrote:
In my experience the food on the kids menu isn't often WLS friendly, which is sad!  However, I eat in restaurants quite a bit (travel for business...no choice) and I have found they are all quite willing to modify what they bring.  I have asked for a side salad with a piece of fish or chicken or some other made up meal that is not on the menu and I haven't been turned down yet!  Usually I can't eat the entire piece of meat they bring, but if I have a fridge available (which I ususally don't) I take the leftovers with me, but more often I am with a large group and someone is more than happy to eat my leftovers for me!

Tracy
most definatly, chicken fingers and fries and gravy grilled cheese sandwiches (ewww)

...it would be more advantageous to order a full house salad (dressing on the side) with a grileld chicken breast...eat 1/2 and take the rest home (hence having the dressing on the side so your salad isn't wilty~!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Karen M.
on 2/14/12 9:13 pm - Mississauga, Canada
I wasn't offered one, nor would I want one.  My friend in the States has one, but she refuses to use it.  I order small at restaurants and if I have leftovers and choose to take them home, I do.  I really don't want some waitress all up in my business by handing her a card that says I've had gastric bypass surgery. lol  Food is the cheapest part of your meal, believe it or not.  It's paying the servers, the chefs, keeping the building running... those are the true costs of your meal.  And hey, leftovers are fab the next day for lunch! 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

robinmarie1959
on 2/14/12 9:40 pm - Canada
 thanks for the info
Joyce J.
on 2/14/12 9:18 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there
I had my surgery in the States and got a card and have never used it in 6 years
I eat off the appetizer menu or find something I will eat later and take left overs home, or share a meal.
I don't mind telling people I had surgery, but waiters who I don't even know and then they likely have to go to their manager........ nah,
When I get my meal I ask for a take out container and put a portion away right then so I am not tempted to eat just a bit too much

Take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

robinmarie1959
on 2/14/12 9:38 pm - Canada
Thank you very much for the info 
Most Active
Recent Topics