OT: Online Shopping For Clothes

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/5/12 5:37 am - Windsor, Canada
I'm bored. LOL. I need something to read people LOL

I'd love to hear about if any of you do online shopping for clothes.  I love clothes just like all of you do but I find I get tired of a lot of the same styles and prints and am always looking for different places to order from. 

I tend to play it safe and shop at pretty basic stores: Walmart, Reitmans, Rickis, Sears, Winners and Cleo.  It's nice to have other places to shop besides Penningtons but I also get very timid about going into new stores.  (Although I think I've finally hit most stores at our mall).  I don't often shop in the States unfortunately as we don't go over much. I've also have ordered from the Home Shopping Club (which I love too much sometimes!) LOL

I was wondering where any of you shop online?  I'm open to finding new places and am not hesitant to shop from the states *IF* they ship by USPS for instance so I don't have to pay those crazy brokerage charges.  

I pretty much stick to the places mentioned above so any new ideas are cool =)

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

look_out_world
on 1/5/12 6:14 am - Canada
 For clothing in my sizes, I've used www.holyclothing.com for years.   Found them at first through Ebay.   The clothing is really unique.  Very femine, renaissance, or gothic even.   I really love a lot of the tops.

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/5/12 7:27 am - Windsor, Canada
Yes actually I know this company. I bought one of their beautiful blouses many years (in my 3X sort of days).  I bought off them when they were on ebay.  

I've browsed their site too but just haven't seen anything I want that much yet.  But I'm sure some other people out there will think it is pretty different.  It's kind of a cross between beautiful clothing from India and goth to me =) I love anything sort of different =)

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!

Kim O.
on 1/5/12 12:22 pm - Windsor, Canada
OMG Thanks for sharing. I love some of their clothes.
referred:  Jan 2011   rec'd letter from WRH:  June 6, 2011   orientation:  July 14, 2011           SurgEd:  July 5/12     Meet the Surg.  Aug 9/12     Surgery Sept 7/12

CanDoItFour
on 1/5/12 7:03 am - Canada
Hi Dawn 

If you like classic, sort of preppy style clothing I would suggest you look at LL Bean on-line.  They do not charge shippping or handling to Canada, the quality is excellent, they wash and wear well.  I use it a lot for long term "basics" purchases for myself and my daughter - raincoats, sweaters, turtlenecks, wear around the house/ grocery shopping trousers, belts, even some shoes, etc.  I've been buying from them for over 5 years, and been really happy with their products - a little more expensive, but MUCH better quality.  I get my husband stuff too - sweat pants, polo shirts, and button up casual shirts.

And thanks again for this AM!  My day has been good, and part of that I credit to you boost!

Claire

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/5/12 7:29 am - Windsor, Canada
I haven't thought to look there - that sounds great. Thanks!! I'll definitely have to browse now.

As for: 

And thanks again for this AM!  My day has been good, and part of that I credit to you boost!

Nah, only *YOU* deserve the credit!! 

But I'll take the credit for a smile perhaps :) LOL!

Take care and keep up the great work 
(but no beer allowed LOL).

Dawn

CanDoItFour
on 1/5/12 7:57 am - Canada
Hehe!

Claire
birdiegirl
on 1/5/12 8:04 am
Hi Dawn

I have always done quite a bit of shopping on line.....its a time thing...

I did and still do like...coldwatercreek.com

I also like llbean and landsend for both mens and womens clothes and shoes

I like wintersilks for turtlenecks/lingerie and things to keep me warm

Yoga clothing at lululemon's web site

I bought a fabulous black cashmere long coat and a cashmere robe for my father from CashmereBoutique.

Have fun

Barb

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/5/12 8:14 am - Windsor, Canada
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to look at the Coldwater site again. It's been ages. Forgot about that one.  Thanks, Barb!

Dawn

CanDoItFour
on 1/5/12 8:24 am - Canada
Yes, yes yes to Wintersilks - I forgot about them!

Claire
Most Active
Recent Topics