Finally Home!!

TarosMJ
on 9/26/11 2:17 am - St. Charles, Canada
 So I had surgery on Sept 21, discharged Sept 23 but stayed in Toronto for a extra couple of days.  Finally came HOME last night.  So glad to be home.

Was having trouble with internet at the hotel so was not able to post sooner.

I wanted to thank everyone for all the well wishes before and after surgery.  It means alot.  But most of all I want to thank my Angel - Mo (flyingwoman).  I am so honoured to have had her as my Angel.  She came to visit me twice in the hospital and answered so many questions for me.  She truly is an Angel and is really paying it forward.

THANKS MO!!

Tammy
Tammy
Aug 26/10 - Referral sent to TWH; Sep 07/10 - Sleep study in North Bay; Mar 21/11 - Letter received from TWH re: orientation; Apr 13/11 - Orientation; Jun 02/11 - Nurse & Social Worker; Jul 20/11 - Nutrition Class; Jul 21/11 - Dietician & Psychiatrist; Aug 26/11 - Surgeon; Sep 21/11 - Surgery

Brenda T.
on 9/26/11 2:19 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Welcome home, glad everything went well. It must feel wonderful to be in your own bed.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Roxy7699
on 9/26/11 3:05 am
Welcome Home Tammy! I hope you are recovering well and enjoying this new chapter in your life :))

~R
Nathalie_Can
on 9/26/11 3:18 am
YAY!!!! welcome home and you seem to be feeling fine!!!

Hope everything is well
Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Moniqueper
on 9/26/11 4:10 am
 WELCOME HOME.... ALL THE BEST TO A SPEEDY RECOVERY!!!! 
laura S.
on 9/26/11 4:15 am - London, Canada
Welcome home Tammy!  Feels great to be in your own space again where you are comfortable and relaxed!!!!

All the best,

Laura

Gabygee
on 9/26/11 4:38 am - Canada
Okay!
So you're home!

Never look back, and welcome to your brand new life!

on_my_way2011
on 9/26/11 4:42 am - Canada

Welcome home!  I am packing for my surgery tomorrow and plan on staying in hotel a few days too.  Any last minute tips on something I should not forget???  I think I have everything covered, but sometimes there are things you just don't think about until you wish you had them!

Tracy

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

TarosMJ
on 9/26/11 7:59 am - St. Charles, Canada
 Tracy good luck with your surgery.  Best thing to bring with you is a good attitude.  I went into this part with a very positive attitude and not nervous at all.  I had faith in the medical professional to do their job.  I'm 5 days out and I'm feeling pretty awesome actually.

But on a side note bring earplugs for the hospital.  I didn't and I regret it.  The hospital can get quite noisy at times with other patients and everything they are dealing with as well.

Best of luck.
Tammy
Tammy
Aug 26/10 - Referral sent to TWH; Sep 07/10 - Sleep study in North Bay; Mar 21/11 - Letter received from TWH re: orientation; Apr 13/11 - Orientation; Jun 02/11 - Nurse & Social Worker; Jul 20/11 - Nutrition Class; Jul 21/11 - Dietician & Psychiatrist; Aug 26/11 - Surgeon; Sep 21/11 - Surgery

charm64
on 9/26/11 5:36 am - Cambridge, Canada
Welcome home, its the best place to recover. 

Congratulations

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

Most Active
Recent Topics