Anyone know of a fat friendly place to swim??

aaysia1974
on 5/3/11 3:03 pm
Looking for a swimming exercise class her in Las Vegas that is fat friendly. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Judy
carriesb
on 5/8/11 10:57 am
It has been a really long time but I use to go to the ones at 24 hour fitness and they were very nice to me. But you have to have a membership to the gym.
Shana16
on 5/8/11 12:37 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I posted something but cannot see it on here now???  I go (have been months since I went) to LVAC on Maryland Blvd.  The teacher is a very nice lady that is heavy (around 400+)  evening classes.
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

tross1562
on 6/25/11 12:15 am - Las Vegas, NV
I used 24 hr fitness, also the parks dept have really good water aerobic classes.  I likes the one at the Henderson Multigeneration center, and they are afforadable.  Good Luck
Terri    
(deactivated member)
on 8/25/11 1:16 am - Las Vegas, NV
I go to the YMCA up here in North West Las Vegas...believe it or not, it is mostly OLD women in the swimming classes. I am a good 220 pounds...but I do not feel out of place, even if I can be the youngest woman in the class on some days.
Caryn W.
on 9/25/11 12:39 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Judy,
 That deactivated user is me..
    I will be returning to the YMCA maybe this week with my OLD LADIES. I do not mind being the only young woman there, it changes every week though, sometimes there are women my age. Mostly it is older women...but I do not feel strange in the least. We are all there for the same reason, either to lose weight or maintain..or just stay healthy.  You should check it out.
Caryn
Most Active