New To Nevada (Reno)

sparkly_jules
on 6/22/10 2:50 am
Howdy,

My husband and I moved to Reno in March so I could take a job (that sucked--long story), but the bonus is that I now have insurance. I started on OH back in Nov 2004, came within 4 days of having an RnY 2/06, but my HMO balked. Then I went four years without insurance. So here I am starting over again, this time for the DS.

So I thought I'd come and say "HI", introduce myself, and see what's going on in Nevada! Are there any meet-ups in Reno??  I'd love to meet some people!!

Cheers,

Jules
Brittnie S.
on 6/25/10 6:21 am - NV
there are support groups through western bariatric which was where my surgery was done. Good people, I have only gone once since surgery because it seems I'm always work when they have the meetings.

Sandra C.
on 6/25/10 6:30 am - Killeen, TX
I am moving back to Reno after a two year stay in Texas. I can't wait to get back home August 1. I also had a DS and will be looking for a support group.

I prefer it to be with all kinds of people with all kinds of the different surgeries. We are all in this to lose weight even though we chose different tools to do it.

I would love to see a support group out there.

Sandra

Sandra

I love my DS! 

SW/CW/GW        NO REGRETS!!!!!!

242/123/126

sparkly_jules
on 6/26/10 5:56 am
I was thinking something more casual like a coffee meet-up? Just us "gals" hanging out?
Sandra C.
on 6/26/10 6:59 am - Killeen, TX
That sounds like alot of fun to me. I'm not into the doctors support groups. I like the independent support groups myself. I won't be bac****il August 1st but we definitely have to get together.

Sandra

Sandra

I love my DS! 

SW/CW/GW        NO REGRETS!!!!!!

242/123/126

sparkly_jules
on 6/26/10 7:28 am
That sounds good. Hit me up when you get to town. booksrmylife8 at yahoo dot com.
Most Active