Hello.... New here!

jessicam
on 12/1/09 2:51 pm - Albuquerque, NM
Hi Everyone,

I wish I would have found this site long ago.  I have been reading all of the posts and I think it is awsome the support that is offered here.  I have gone through my whole approval process for my insurance and just found out last Wed that I got approved for my surgery!!  Woo Hoo!  I will be going to Del Sol in El Paso, I am waiting for them to call me for my consult.  I have Pres Insurance so they seem to do everything a little backwards... I don't even go in to the dr until I have approval from the insurance, so I think it is a little weird that when I go for my consult is when I will find out when my surgery will be done!  I understand that it should be in early January.  It is so crazy because you go through all the steps to get approved and then it happens and now I'm here going OMG... Now what!  I'm freaking out a little but I assume everyone goes through that... Right??  I look forward to meeting people that have gone through what I am going through and can understand my feelings! 
meinnm
on 12/2/09 2:36 am
I had my surgery in March with Dr. Lara in El Paso.  So far, no issues whatsoever.  I am doing really well and have lost 70 lbs so far.

So, you know, we have a support group here in Albuquerque.  We meet on the first/third Wednesdays of each month at 6:30 at Grace Church on San Antonio.  It's a really great group of people who are always willing to help.

I'm sure everything will go well with your surgery.  Now, you just wait and be patient.  It will be here before you know it.

Mary
jessicam
on 12/2/09 2:46 am - Albuquerque, NM
Thanks, 

I do know about the support group, I have a friend that attends Tracy.  He had his surgery about 3 months ago and he has invited me to join.  I am not sure if I will make it tonight becasue my little one has been sick to her tummy, but I am going to try.  I have been going to the Del Sol support group, but I am not sure if that is the one for me...  Thanks for the support!  I look forward to the group.

Jessica
matsmom
on 12/2/09 7:55 am
Congrats! I had my surgery with Dr. Lara in January and have lost 120lbs, so far! Best thing I have ever done. I have Pres also and had to wait a bit, but once it was approved everything went fast! I was very afraid also, but everything was fine.  I wish you the best of luck!
meinnm
on 12/14/09 5:12 am
Coda!  Long time!  How you doing?  Hope all is well.  Shoot me an email sometime - would love to hear from you.  120 lbs - AMAZING!!!!
nicwil
on 12/9/09 6:06 am - rio rancho, NM

Hello everyone!
 wow im so glad that i found this site! Right now i'm going through the last steps before my insurance will approve me for surgery. I started this whole process last june and i was only 2 appt from being done with all the pre qulifying appt....Then it all really started to sink in that im going to be having a life changing surgery and i got scared honestly......But then i realized that i have come to far in all of this to chicken out...I was a smoker of 6 years, but of course i had to stop in order to have the surgery...so i figured if i can give up my worse addiction to have this done then i really could do this.... Sometimes i feel like im going through all this by myself and thats usually the hardest....  Does anyone have any good advice for me to make this process easier? 

meinnm
on 12/14/09 5:11 am

We have a support group that meets here in Albuquerque at 6:30 pm the first and third Wednesdays of the month (one this week on the 16th) at Grace Church  on San Antonio/Louisiana!  The people in the group are extremely helpful and will try to answer any questions you have.  If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me.

Mary

kat87120
on 1/1/10 2:28 pm - Albuquerque, NM
Mary, are the meetings open to individuals who have had any type of WLS?  I was sleeved in May, 2008 and would love to start attending a meeting (I'm at a stand still and need a little motivation).  Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.

Katherine

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
Unknown Author
Failure is only a fact when you give up. Everyone gets knocked down, the question is: Will you get back up?

meinnm
on 1/4/10 3:24 am
Yes.  The meetings are open to everyone.  Our next meeting is on Wednesday, January 6 at 6:30 PM at Grace Church (near San Antonio/Louisiana).  PM me if you need more info

Mary
bryden1401
on 1/28/10 12:29 pm
I had mine in July with his partner Dr Acosta and i have lost 117lb since my first consult. They are both very nice dr's my only complaint is how long the dr keeps you waiting i have waited as long as 4 hours for an appt because they schedule so many ppl at once or at least at the life center they do. The staff is nice and Becky is wonderful. Good luck to you I am sure everything will work out they usually stay on top of things.
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

Most Active