MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Member Services
on 8/31/12 1:32 pm - Irvine, CA
Hello Members,

On a daily basis we get calls from members in desperate need of surgeons that will accept Medicaid and or Medicare for Bariatric surgery.  It breaks our hearts when we have to say "we don't know of any surgeons in your state we can refer you to". 

Can you please help us? If you know of any surgeons in your state that accepts Medicaid and or Medicare, will you list their:

Name

If they accept Medicare and or Medicaid

Phone number

Facility

Address

This list will remain here for our members to access and use.

Thank you so much!!!

ObesityHelp,

Member Services

rhonda_L
on 3/8/08 7:03 am - Las Cruces, NM
Hi. I do know that people with Presbyterian Salud (one of 3 medicaid HMO in our state) can see Dr. Acosta and Lara at Del Sol in El Paso, TX. I had lap RNY on 3/4/08 and I have Presbyterian commercial insurance. The staff members there always told me it was easier to get an approval from Pres Salud than insurance - although I had no problems anyways. And my sister in law had her surgery there 9/07 with Pres Salud.  As far as the other 2 Medicaid HMO we have in NM - Lovlace and Molina, I dont know of any providers for them. Rhonda
Leti
on 4/6/08 10:58 am - Alamogordo, NM
hi i have Lovelace medicaid and they paid for my surgery in el paso with dr. acosta. and i know of a doctor in lubbock, tx, Dr. Syn, who accepts molina.
"Just when you think all hope is lost, a little angel drops a blessing on you."

bab_albuq
on 1/16/12 9:26 pm - Albuquerque, NM
DS on 03/18/13
I will probably  go to Lubbock Tx., Advanced Bariatric Center for my surgery since a friend had hers done there and is very happy with it (3 yrs. later). I was also referred to El Paso at Del Sol, by my primary Dr. ...will be covered by Blue Cross, though.
bab_albuq
on 1/16/12 9:29 pm - Albuquerque, NM
DS on 03/18/13
Yeah, Dr. David Syn...an excellent reputation esp. for the Roux-en-Y Surgery; he may also do my DS Sleeve (duodenal switch surgery)...am just waiting for the ins. app...all paperwork in. :)  ~BAB
carter.melodyj
on 2/19/13 10:55 am - tucumcari, NM

Doctor syn seen me and ageed to do the surgery I was approved by medicaid but dr syns office ignored the approval and that was almost 2 yrs ago. I called them last week and Im strill getting the run around. last year I was put on oxygen and a c-pap and my weight is smothering my lungs and heart..Am I going to die??

nmthin
on 4/26/08 3:10 pm
Hello. I am in Albuquerque and I Dr. Bruce Applebaum in El Paso also accepts Medicare and Medicaid. I am having lap band surgery there on May 5th. He is with Southwest Bariatrics, and they are a Center of Excellence. Phone # is 915-351-6272
patsy3440
on 6/20/08 11:48 am - Elephant Butte, NM
Hello nmthin, I live in Elephant Butte and have requested an appointment with Dr Applebaum.  How long did this take for you to get into see him.  I was referred by my DR.  Anything I should know?  How long did the process from first appointment to surgery?  I'm almost afraid to ask.  I think I'll let him choose the type of surgery.  I see you have only had your surgery a shortd time ago.  Hope everything is going well for you.  Thank You for any information you might send.  patsy
Huneyhart
on 5/2/08 8:09 am - NM

Name:  Dr. Jorge Acosta & Dr. Lara Medicaid accepted...I had mine done with Pres Salud Phone number:  (915) 594-5250 Facility:  Del Sol Bariatrics Address:  10201 Gateway West, Ste. 130 El Paso, TX 79925

Toll free number 877-335-7657

I know you asked specifically for NM doctors, but I am not aware of any and this center/Dr accepted my NM Medicaid.

Hope this helps!

Lisa

JC H.
on 1/4/10 11:13 am - albuquerque, NM
  I have Pres Salud and i got the call today that i was approval to go to El Paso.  so you can get medicare to find help for WLS
Most Active