I Need Help!

natasha_9494
on 2/4/08 10:48 am - St. John's, Canada
Hello everyone I am a 24 year old who is looking for a dr here in Newfoundland to do a lap band. Is there one here?
1wisebody
on 2/22/08 1:36 am - Canada
Hi Natasha! I am not aware of a doctor doing this surgery in Nfld. You can have the surgery somewhere else and then get the follow-up fills in St. John's. You can check out the Credit Valley Clinic in Mississauga (Ontario) at www. creditvalleyclinic.ca Hope this helps.
Mary C.
on 2/17/09 5:37 am - Glovertown, Canada
Hi Natasha - To my knowledge there are no surgeons in NL who do Bariatric Surgery - RNY, Band or otherwise. You do have options to go out of province - as I did - BUT - if you are wanting the band - MAKE SURE you have a physician lined up beforehand who agrees to do your fills and that the surgeon doing your band is agreeable to that, I'm not an expert on it and don't meant to burst your bubble - but from all the reading and research I have done - most surgeons do not like other surgeons doing interventions on their patients. But - having said that - I know there are lots of people who do the tourist tourism thing and go to Mexico and other places - and someone must be doing their fiulls. So just make sure you have it all thought out and arranged. Good luck!

Mary C.
on 2/17/09 5:43 am - Glovertown, Canada
Hi Natasha - I came across this on another members post - appparently the person had a band done somewhere in Ontario and this is the physician who has been doing  her fills. Hope this is some help to you!

Dr.Gillian Parsons at the Campbell Clinic phone 579-5003. (St. John's)

Most Active