Protein Drink help- please read me

Kim D.
on 12/11/03 5:56 am - Nashua, NH
Hello everyone, I am 10 days post op and doing well surgically. I am fully mobile and driving but still tire easily. I am having no trouble with any part of this surgery with one very important exception. In my program you have to consume 60 grams of protein and since i am post op i am putting none in my body through food, so i have to do it all with the protein drinks. I CANNOT stand any of the ones i have had. I have tried; Sci Fit Carb Solutions Amino Infusion 5000 Isopure( the drink not shake) and not one of them can i get in with out it making me seriously nauseous and makes me gag. I really didnt give it much thought before the surgery because i figured i would just gag them down like i was before but now it is so much worse. They make me dread eating and I can feel the effects. I am taking them but i spend the whole time gagging and then i feel like crap for the rest of the day. PLEASE HELP ME!! I am looking for some suggestions. I can't afford some really expensive thing but i need something that my nutritionists will accept. I am desperate, please please respond. Kim
Debi Rouilliard
on 12/12/03 7:42 am - Elizabeth City, NC
Hi Kim, i had the same problem i got them down before the surgery but after forget it. Some days i got them down other days i didnt , but soon enough you will be eating stuff like tuna, i ate a lot of tuna in my puree stage to get in the protein and a lot of eggs, refried beans they have lots of protein also also check out the yougurt drinks they have ones with splenda in them and theres a bit of protein in there also. Dont fret it will be soon that you will be able to get in more protein with food, and this is such a short period of time that it wont affect you to much it didnt to me. Also i would have a couple of table spoons of low fat, low sugar peanutbutter a day that gets in the protein. Call me. Love Debi
gloria V.
on 12/26/03 2:21 am - Salem, MA
Try GNC DESIGNER WHEY PROTEIN, it is 18 dollars a can and cotains17.5 grams of protein per scoop..good luck Gloria
alsobig
on 1/20/04 8:34 pm - Merrimack, NH
Kim, I use GNC's 100% whey protein drink.. I have tried Strawberry and Vinallia.. I think they are pretty good... I mix it with 8oz of Skim milk and 2 packets of splenda and to me it tastes like a milk shake... I like it very very cold... Hope this helps...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 471 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 808 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1565 views
CMC lifestyle chances class
morgansmom12 · 0 replies · 5034 views