gaining weight and scared to death !!!

Linda112
on 2/8/12 12:08 pm - NH
I have gained about 7-8 pounds since December and am finding that I am slipping back to eating whatever.  I am so scared to undo all the weight i have lost, and the more worried I get the more I eat....I feel like I am slipping back into old bad, bad habits and can't seem to reel myself in !!  i can really feel this weight gain, feels like 30 pounds, even though I know it is not more than 8 pounds.  To make it worse, I have been unable to exercise due to issues from multiple sclerosis, and I feel that is really taking its toll.  I am so scared !!!!  I know what I need to do, I just can't seem to get myaself to do it.  I don't know what it is going to take to get motiated as I was before.  I lost more weight pre-op than i have since surgery.  I know if I don't get myself under control I will put the weight back on.....it is so much easier to gain that to lose !  Every night i pray for the strength to get back on track and each day pray this will be the day that it happens.  Has this happened to anybody?  If it did, how did you get it back !!??  I know the routine 'answers'....talk to your dietician, track your food, eat less ....I KNOW the right answers, but HOW do you get your "head" back in the game ??
  Linda112    
Sookie77
on 2/8/12 7:36 pm - Milton, NH
Linda,
  when I felt myself slipping into bad habits I started looking at my old pictures.  I didn't recognize myself.  I have one in my wallet near my money.  It is just a pic from the computer nothing great, but it shows how far I have come.  I also have to look at it if I am taking money out (to buy junk food). 
Another trick I am using is to plan my day out.  Meals and snacks making sure I have plenty to eat all day long at my desk (baby bell cheese, protein bars, and weight control oatmeal) those are my snacks.  It helps me knowing I have something in the drawer that I can grab and eat.  I don't feel deprived and I am eating constantly and I don't let myself get too hungry that makes me over eat.  I also tend to make bad choices if I am hungry when I choose.  I hope this helps feel free to drop me a PM if you want to chat more about this.  Also get to a meeting and ask others they are more than willing to help.

Hugs you can do this.!!!!!

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

Linda112
on 2/8/12 8:03 pm - NH
 Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I put a picture on my bureau but like your idea in wallet and I should put one on my desk and the fridge!
  Linda112    
Sookie77
on 2/8/12 9:24 pm - Milton, NH
The fridge I have pics of the boys, so I know that I want to be around for them.  I have to keep reminding myself that  I do not want to go back to where I was.  I think it really hit me how far I have come when I viewed the video of my mom's service.  I couldn't even recognize myself and was ashamed of what I had become.  I am now proud of myself and I want to share that with others.

Keep in touch :-)

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

Linda112
on 2/8/12 9:30 pm - NH
 Thank you very much and I will :)
  Linda112    
NHPOD9
on 2/19/12 1:56 am
Getting your head back in the game has always been illusive to me as well.  The only thing that ever helped was action.  If I would wait for the motivation to do what I had to do, it would never show up.  So I would do the things I know I would need to do, even if I didn't want to, like tracking my food.  And then, if I was consistent and patient enough and see some positive results, the motivation and desire to continue would eventually kick in.  

So, that would be my advice to you.  Just jump right back in, maybe starting with something small/easy, and gradually add in the activities and actions that work for you.

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 471 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 808 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss