Newbie wanting your input

Sandy M.
on 1/27/04 8:48 am - Falls City, NE
In the process of choosing a doctor. Prefer Lincoln or Omaha, NE area. Your opinions requested. Also your input, which was best for you, lapband or RNY? I relaize that the choice is ultimately mine. Just looking for what made patients choose one over the other. Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 1/28/04 1:06 pm - SouthEast, NE
Good Luck! I had my surgery done at Immanual Hospital in Omaha. Dr. Thomas White is my doctor. WHAT A MAN! He's kind, patient, understanding and intelligent. He's VERY busy, but yet makes the time to talk to me. I chose Dr. White for a few reasons, 1) I could get in to see him sooner than other doctors, 2) When I met him, he was a "down to earth" doctor, 3) my niece is a nurse and Dr. White is known to her boss who gave him high regards. I chose the Lap Band for a few reasons, 1) It was less painful with a lot fewer side effects, 2) I found I could always have the RNY if this didn't work (but it's working), 3) Less chance for complications and so on. Your doctor should be able to give you all the pros and cons! I hope this helps! GOOD LUCK!
Bus_Lady_Di
on 2/8/04 2:07 am - Wymore, NE
Good luck to you! I know you were looking in Lincoln or Omaha area but by far the easiest surgery is the Mini Gastric Bypass. It is done lapriscopic. I had it done in Sioux Falls S.D.on July 29 and have lost 137lbs. There are several others in my area who went there and had Dr. Peter O'Brien do the surgery. When you think about it it really isnt that far to go. The hosptial and staff at the clinic were great. Dr. Obrien truly cares about his patients. Check into this option. Worked for me and several others.
lisar.
on 2/8/04 7:19 am - Eastern, NE
I used Dr Corrigan McBRide for my surgery. It was done at UNMC, and other than ONE nurse shift my care was excellent. Dr MCBRIde was very honest and straightforward and her staff was great as well. I had my surgery Oct. 14 and to date I've lost a little over 70lbs. That is just a little over 3 months! If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to email you or even chat on the phone...it is a serious decision to make. My recovery wasn't the easiest, but it was all worth it! I developed a lung infection and bronchitis 10 days post off..so you can imagine 5 insicions...no matter how tiny and almost constant coughing don't work well together! Otherwise, I'd have been back to work 3 weeks post op
Most Active
Recent Topics
Newbie Question
elowe · 0 replies · 4732 views
Insurance
Tashac · 1 replies · 5895 views
Party Time!
monymony · 0 replies · 6229 views
NE health care exchanges
dhomaha · 0 replies · 6300 views