on 7/14/17 11:32 am - Canada

hi!!! Any surgeon doing the DS in NB? Thx

jndrake
on 7/30/17 4:46 pm - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13
jndrake
on 8/14/17 5:47 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

Yes, I had it done with Christelle Therriault in Moncton on July 19th. I had a VSG with Dr Beausoleil 3 1/2 years ago and lost 180 lbs but didn't loose all I hoped/needed to and then dealt with gaining and loosing the same 20- 30 lbs over and over again. When I had the VSG there was not anyone doing the DS in Moncton. If I had the choice I would have the DS over the VSG and only have one surgery. I'm not quite 4 weeks out from my DS and I've already lost 20 lbs and that is with them not touching my sleeve so my stomach is much larger than someone who would get a virgin DS.

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

petulia
on 11/8/17 5:40 am - Canada

That's the DS I would want but Bathurst called me n not Moncton yet... n they only do the sleeve up there:((( would u know anything about that??? If they could transfer me without me having to wait another 3 years??? Is the DS still worth while??? You don't regret?!? Thanks

jndrake
on 11/8/17 6:10 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

I don't know anything about the Bathurst Hospital team. I've only ever dealt with the Georges Dumont team. I am not regretting the DS but I quickly went low in protein so I'm getting a lot of swelling in my legs and it will reverse but I have to get more protein. I am also having some pretty bad hemmeroids right now but I think once those are better I will be in a better head space. I've lost 44 lbs since July 19th with them not touching my stomach so I can eat pretty normal portions.

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

jndrake
on 1/9/18 9:40 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

Almost 6 months out from VSG to DS revision, down another 67 lbs. Leg swelling is under control and it was actually a fissure, not hemmeroids and that is better too so I'm feeling pretty happy with my choice. Now if the Telogen Effluvium would just stop!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1070 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1929 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1780 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1777 views