4 month update

Megall
on 8/30/16 6:37 pm - Canada

For anyone still reading the forums I just wanted to post about my experiences.  I was sleeved by Dr. Boisvert on May 9th, so on September 9th I will be 4 months out! 

So far most everything has been great!  I've lost 71 lbs and have cleared out about half the clothes in my closet and dresser.  Anything that was too big for me I either let a friend have, or have donated to the local Salvation Army.  Did you know that if you go to the Salvation Army with a donation they give you a coupon for $10 off your next purchase of $25 or more?  It's a great way to save some cash on new-to-you clothes for the loss phase.  I've gone down from a TIGHT size 28 Penningtons jeans to a comfortable 24, and a 3 or 4X shirt to wearing a 1X!  I'm pretty excited about the changes. and really excited that Penningtons is no longer the only store I have to shop at!  I needed to buy a new winter coat, and was able to buy my new coat at Marks Work Warehouse.  I also bought 2 new shirts from there as well.  It's like a whole new world because I've never been able to shop there before.  I always had to go to Penningtons, and if I was lucky I might have been able to find a shirt that didn't look too horrid at walmart.  It just encourages me to keep on going.  I can't wait to see what I'm wearing come next spring!  

I've been on all foods since 8 weeks out.  My favourite is chicken, cheese strings, and deconstructed pizza casserole.  Seriously, google it!  There is a recipe from Kakyn's Kitchen that is amazing.  I still struggle some days with getting all my protein in, but that is getting better every day.  Fluids is the big one, and so incredibly important.  I flirted with dehydration a couple of times this summer and it was awful.  I am able to take bigger drinks now than before which makes getting fluids in easier.  And treats?  I still have treats, it's just in smaller portions and smarter choices than before.   Recently I bought myself a box of ice cream sandwiches, no sugar added and lactose free.  It was a nice little splurge to have on a hot day, and one was more than enough where as before I'd have eaten 3.

I still have a long way to go, I still have 133 lbs to lose to get to my goal weight.  Neither Dr. Boisvert nor Catherine McCain gave me a "goal weight" to shoot for, but  I do have a number in mind.  I chose it based on the BMI chart for my height, and it is the highest weight that will still have me coming in in a "NORMAL" range.  I think I can make it.  If I can't that's not a big deal either, health is the goal and not a number on the scale.  

It's amazing at how much better I feel having those 71 lbs off my body.  Things are just easier, moving is easier, walking is easier.  I had to move my car seat forward a few inches today, without my stomach in the way I no longer need all that room between the steering wheel and me.  My legs are still the same length but now I no longer drive with my tip toes on the pedal.  Swimming is more fun, I went to the beach with my family two weeks ago and for the first time in a long time I didn't hate how I looked in my bathing suit.  I'm taking more care with my hair and make up, in my appearance in general.  I feel that I look good, and I want to look good.  My husband is loving my newfound confidence!  

If you are still in the unsure phase, or wondering if the surgery is worth it, the answer is yes.  A million times yes!  I only wish I had been ready to have surgery earlier in my life.  I always talked myself out of it saying that it was too drastic of a thing to do and I would just keep trying on my own.   the problem is, I kept saying that to myself for 15 years.  And nothing changed.  Having the sleeve surgery is  the best gift I've ever given myself, or my family.  

daretodream2016
on 9/1/16 5:43 pm

You sound like your doing great !!! Grats :)

KL_Girl
on 9/3/16 2:02 pm

My goodness!  Sounds like you have all figured out!  Good for you!

i can so relate to the driving thing.  That will be nice, I look forward to driving without my belly getting in the way too.....

it's very inspiring hearing you say how better you feel and you find stuff easier to do.  Forgot how that feels!  

Keep up the good work and please keep us updated!

AMAZEBALLS
on 9/12/16 11:07 am - Dieppe, Canada
VSG on 04/19/16

Awesome! Sounds like you are doing great :)

" I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday"

VSG: April 19, 2016, Dr. Beausoleil, Moncton NB, Canada

5' 2'' HW:276 SW:267 CW:149 GW:150 DreamW:136

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1080 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1944 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1790 views
Facebook page