Recent Posts

siueteacher
on 4/29/15 3:02 am
Topic: surgeon check on Dr. Darin Minkin anyone? thoughts

So, I was wondering if anyone could help me with ways to do research on a surgeon.   The only way I can find is the "rated" sites.   How can I get stats on a surgeon. 

thanks

siueteacher Karen

jenniflower2306
on 3/2/15 5:32 am, edited 3/2/15 5:33 am
Topic: RE: 5 years out - difficulty swallowing - gaining weight

I have not had a single offer of advice since my post. Thank you. I regained my insurance and saw a surgeon here in Missouri and he took out all my fluid. That helped with the choking until he gave me a 1ml fill. Now I'm back to square 1 and I've gained a total of 64 lbs. in two years. I am going to request to have my band removed and basically demand to have a bypass. I'm done playing.

Kathy S.
on 2/9/15 3:30 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Topic: The moment you've all been waiting for . . . OH2015 Location Announcement!

And the winner is....

http://events.obesityhelp.com/

Not sure you are going?  Check out the video from last years conference and you will see what you missed.  BOOK NOW

We hope to see you all there

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

smilesonu2
on 2/8/15 3:46 pm
Topic: Anyone know anything about Dr. Eagon at BJC, St Louis?

I have been referred by my previous bariatric surgeon to see him.

K. kgbb
on 1/18/15 11:21 pm
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Dr. Scott went to the Columbia hospital in 2009.  

He did my surgery in 09 and left right after.  I didn't have any issues, but Dr. Morales is who I've always followed up with and seen since then at DePaul.  

If you have ANY issues, you don't just sit at home and let them make you wait, you GO TO THE ER!  They stress that over and over when you have the surgery. 

Alsx552
on 12/30/14 1:54 pm
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

That's terrible. Did her family talk to a lawyer?

cindymissouri
on 12/22/14 3:55 pm
RNY on 01/06/15
Topic: RE: Any Dr De La Torre Patients ??

Hi Nikki.. i would really like to talk to you about your revision.. i also sent you a private message.. thank you so much

Lost 34 lbs before surgery

Nikki0623
on 11/30/14 11:51 pm
Topic: RE: Any Dr De La Torre Patients ??

Yes he was my surgeon... He did my revision from lap band to Rny on 7/29/14

cindymissouri
on 11/28/14 2:56 pm
RNY on 01/06/15
Topic: Any Dr De La Torre Patients ??

just wanted to find out.. 

Lost 34 lbs before surgery

Theresa K.
on 10/22/14 12:23 pm - MO
Topic: RE: roll call missouri

I had my RNY in May of 2005 at DePaul by Dr De La Torre before he moved to Des Peres Hospital. I can't believe that I will be 10 years out in May of this coming year. I just started a new job after being off work due to a layoff for 11 months. I am trying to get back on track since the past few years I have noticed that the weight started creeping back up, but I still feel that this surgery has been a positive thing because I am still 100 lbs lower then what I was when I went into surgery.

So where are all the others that used to be on here posting their updates. I would love to see some old familiar faces back posting again.

Most Active
Recent Topics