Recent Posts

Risa900
on 5/11/16 5:50 pm
Topic: RE: Anyone in Kansas City?

Can anyone tell me what to expect at my first appointment at St lukes. it is on June 6. I am just nervous.  thanks in advance!

iloveec
on 4/18/16 12:25 pm
Topic: Find a dr here after Mexico Roux-en-y

Has anyone had their WLS in Mexico and then found a Dr. in St. Louis, MO to follow up with and see you if you have problems etc?

Jennifer S.
on 3/28/16 8:07 pm - St. Louis, MO
Topic: RE: Small Support Groups in St. Louis

Actually, my doc doesn't require a liquid diet before surgery. I almost hesitated telling you that because I didn't want to frustrate you. My doc requires a 1400/cal day diet preop, but I've been trying to do mostly protein shakes and smoothies to get ready.

My friend had her surgery at DePaul last November and she had to do the liquid diet. She said it was not easy, but she lost a lot of weight and felt physically good for surgery. That really kick started the weight loss. She has since lost 115 lbs and she is looking and feeling great! She loved her surgeon and the program at DePaul.

I had my preop last Wednesday and met with the bariatric nurse. That took a long time, but I feel comfortable that I am ready for surgery on Wednesday.

Btw: I've been filling my fridge with protein shakes and all kinds of stuff I'll be able to eat. As I add good stuff, I've given away or thrown out all the food I won't use. That process was helpful for me and it's gotten easier as I've replaced everything with good stuff. I kinda feel like my kitchen is now a place where all the healthy stuff is. There are no temptations.

I'll report back! 

Kimmw
on 3/28/16 7:14 pm

Wow this Wed?   Thats so exciting!  Are you doing the liquid diet now? Im super nervous about the liquid diet, probably more nervous about that part over the actual surgery.  Hope I can do it. I know I could do 2 3 days, but 7 seems really hard. Guess it will be a good test.  

Im having gastric bypass surgery at Depaul, Dr. Morales.  I go for pre op apt on 4/4.

Good luck!  Keep me posted.  

Kim

Jennifer S.
on 3/28/16 6:56 pm - St. Louis, MO

Hi Kimmw!

Yes, my date is Wednesday at Barnes! My surgeon had a cancellation so I'm in! 

Where are you having your surgery? DePaul?

- Jennifer

Kimmw
on 3/28/16 5:45 pm

Do you have a date?   I am scheduled for April 26, Start my liquid diet Apr 19. I live in St. Peters.

Jennifer S.
on 3/10/16 8:34 pm - St. Louis, MO
Topic: Small Support Groups in St. Louis

Hello All!

I am about to schedule surgery so I'm hoping to find a few other people in the same boat to compare notes and make this whole thing work. I'm hoping to find a small group that might even meet in person near Maplewood/Richmond Heights area.

I just got back on this site and I'm not sure of the best place to look. If this isn't the best place, I'd appreciate someone pointing me to the right place.

happytobeme842
on 1/26/16 11:55 am
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Try Blue Valley Surgical in O'Fallon, MO.  Usually it is just one appointment before you get surgery.

FATANNIE
on 12/31/15 7:17 pm
Topic: RE: SW Missouri Support Group

So is this still a thing? I'd like info...please 

Brendadkimball
on 11/5/15 4:57 pm
Topic: Learning

Learning how to work this site,

Most Active
Recent Topics