Recent Posts

Jan C.
on 8/7/10 5:03 am - Cedar Creek, MO
Topic: RE: WHATS HAPPENING SATURDAY
Colette so sorry you are having to go thru this with your hubby but who better to take care of him than his wife who loves him and you do have the nursing ability to know what to do...but you need to take care of him yourself...you know that medicare does pay for respite care each month....would it be possible to do that for yourself? even just a couple of days a month....i think they give you 5 days a month....
dont get too small and get sick and weak....you know how to eat and are you keeping up with your protein and vits. ???? love you too much to hear you are sick ...take care.

http://community.webshots.com/user/mimicook?vhost=community

GOD BLESS YOU TODAY
JAN COOK

Jan C.
on 8/7/10 4:58 am - Cedar Creek, MO
dont feel bad about posting that stuff , lots of people love to pick you know....myself i realy believe that carbonated bev. arent good for you  for what ever reason....doesnt matter if they or diet or not....look around the people that drink them arent skinny lol .
most of the time the pouch doesnt stretch but the opening into the bowels is what stretches and causes your pouch to empty out too quick so you are hungry again too soon so you eat too much....but no matter ...it is better to eat small and i mean small meals with small snack in between as long as the snacks are part of your meal too. they do count.

sorry about the eye infection that is bad. that you are having them.

GOD BLESS YOU TODAY
JAN COOK

Jan C.
on 8/7/10 4:51 am - Cedar Creek, MO
Topic: RE: anyone having
congraduations i had Dr. H and he is one of the very best ....lot of others feel the same way....glad to see you on here...hope you stay...we really are a great lot of help to newbies believe it or not....lol
follow all the rules eat like the program says...and you will be so successful you wont believe it. ....

GOD BLESS YOU TODAY
JAN COOK

mecoswan
on 8/7/10 4:06 am - Concordia, MO
Hi everyone,

I havent been on for a while as frankly havent had the time. I find a quiet time this am with noghing having to be done just yet, so I thought I would add.

the past month has been a blur, (actually it all started in May).  Hubby has been in hospital 2 and the last for 2 weeks with a very serious surgery on R leg.  Having no blood flow he received cadaver vieins as his were not working and had none to be harvested.  He had a blockage at r groin and at ankle.  In the process he has 4 necrosed toes, the doc wanted to do surgery for blood flow first, and wait 4 weeks to see if toes can be saved.  at this time, I am not confident that will be possible as they hurt all the time and stink.  (sorry)  we go back to dr. on l7th so we will know then.  So at the present time we have a revolving door with nursing, pt, and ot here 2-3 times a week each.  This morning he was able to walk 10 feet to bfk table but toes hurt the whole time.  I have hospital bed and am taking care of him at home. 

So with that and everything else I am busy.  But I think of you all and read about 2 times a week.
My prayers are with you all in your surgeries and trials even if I am not on here.  One good thing I continue to lose  1 pound a week - I guess because I dont eat as much.  Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care everyone!  Colette
bridget B.
on 8/7/10 3:53 am
Topic: RE: anyone having
How exciting ! Congrats!  You'll be on the losers bench soon!  My surgery will prob be in Oct.  I'm following as many people as possible during their recovery.
You are in my prayers!
Keep me posted...
bb   

Bridget Fortune Burns

SkinnyMiniWantsOut
on 8/7/10 3:35 am - MO
Don't feel bad about posting the RNY diet Jo. The doctors can't agree on the correct diet so how can a cross section of RNYers agree. I have 2 surgeons in my practice and even they don't agree totally about the absolute diet. Drives me nuts cause I'm not sure what to tell the partients when they ask for fear I will contradict what their surgeon tells them. I think the best way is find what works for you and stick to it... mileage may vary.
It's kinda like parenting everyone has an opinion and they know they are right even if they aren't. LOL
Your intentions were honorable and if it helps one person that is all that is important.
Connie
lswaney
on 8/7/10 3:31 am - Whiteman AFB, MO
Topic: anyone having
RYN this Friday with Dr. Hornbostel?  I am the 1st to go!!!  SO excited!!

JB1114
on 8/7/10 2:59 am - Grain Valley, MO
Really nice early this morning but it's warmed up a lot.

Jan, what do I do with fresh Basil and Stevia?  They are both doing great, but there's a lifetime of Basil on one plant.  I looked up Stevia but didn't find any suggestions as to how to harvest it.

I posted the Pouch Rules on the RNY board and put that I didn't write it but thought it good info.  Some people appreciated it but some were nasty about it.  One woman had surgery 7/29/10 and thinks she knows everything.  GRRRRRR.......  Several said carbonated beverages do not stretch your pouch and they're fine to drink.  One said 3 meals a day and no snacks......doesn't work for me.  Wish I'd never posted it there.

We went out for breakfast.  I had Eggs Benedict and it was very good.  I could only eat half.  We stopped at a nursery and Max got 3 big mums for $6.50 each.

I have an eye infection again so I'm not meeting with my student today.  I have an 8:00 appointment with the eye doctor Monday.  It was exactly 4 weeks ago I had an eye infection.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Jan C.
on 8/6/10 11:31 pm - Cedar Creek, MO
Topic: WHATS HAPPENING SATURDAY

really i dont know what is going to happen Saturday lol do you what do you all have planned.....Im pulling weeds already had to stop for a little while so i decided i had better get this posted.

worked last night. man when you are off for a few days you miss a lot of stuff....Residents that arent there any longer, some that passed away, new admits, it is almost like a new world again. lol
But we still have several that have been there for years. and some of them are really getting really sick. But most have lived a long fruitful life....

I think Michele has found a job if she doesnt blow it off. it is for housekeeping. but starts at 9.00 an hour....hopefully she will go to it. we will see.

dont have a lot of news on this end just cleaning up flower beds while it isnt quite so hot....this is a welcome reprive isnt it?

Go ahead and post and if i think of anything i will let you all know lol my brain is sort of befuddled..havent had my coffee yet ....

GOD BLESS YOU TODAY
JAN COOK

Andy W.
on 8/6/10 10:40 pm - Tulsa, OK
Topic: Daily Bible Reading - Saturday - August 7th

Today’s Reading

Ezra 4:24-6:22
1 Corinthians 3:5-23
Psalm 29:1-11
Proverbs 20:26-27

Daily Devotional

"So let's not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don't give up, or quit"
(Galatians 6:9, The Message)

Everyone has God-given dreams and desires. We all have goals we want to accomplish and situations we are believing will be turned around. Sometimes it seems to take longer than we originally thought. Sometimes, things don't work out the way we planned, and it's easy to lose enthusiasm. If we're not careful, we'll get discouraged and end up just settling where we are. But God doesn't want us to settle, He wants to take us higher. But many times, people miss out on God's best simply because they give up too soon. They don't realize how close they are to their victory.

Friend, don't let that be you today. Don't give up just because things seem hard. You've invested so much, and you never know, just a few more days of believing, another few weeks of doing the right thing, another few months of staying in faith, and you could see that situation turn around. Remember, God is on your side! Keep standing and keep believing because you are closer than you think to fulfilling every desire He's placed inside of you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I come to You again, believing that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. Give me Your strength to keep moving forward into the place of victory You have for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

I Corinthians 15:57 - But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Most Active
Recent Topics