Prettttty Medic Alert Bracelets!! Also help on what I need!!

HappierNow
on 4/30/05 10:13 am - New Bloomfield, MO
Hey everyone! I was reading on the main message board about several people getting the medic alert bracelets to let anyone in the medical field know that you have had gastric bypass and there should be no tubes inserted without a scope. I saw some really pretty ones on ebay and various sites but they started around 65.00 + shipping, so I made my own bracelet today, and ordered a medic alert pendant to put on it. As soon as I get the pendant, I'll attach it and post a picture for you guys. It turned out soooooo cute. I think I'll make them in several colors so they will match various outfits. My surgery is Monday , and I THINK I'm pretty much prepared... I have all my vitamins I need post op, as well as protein shakes from unjury on the way. I have the food/drinks I can drink for the first week. Now, anyone help me on what I may be missing? Any prayers, and comments welcome!!! Thanks! Kimberly
teekay
on 4/30/05 12:14 pm - Robertsville, MO
i want to wish you the best on your surgery . did you have to do a liquid deit for 2 weeks before. I am supose to be but I'm not haveing much luck with it to be honest i have cheated twice and its been bad. Best of luck and i will be praying for ya Tammy
HappierNow
on 4/30/05 11:29 pm - New Bloomfield, MO
Hi there! Thanks so much for wishing me luck! I did not have to do the liquid diet prior to surgery. Every doctor is different. The only request my doctor had was for me to not eat anything heavy or hard to digest today (day before surgery), and absolutely no food or water past midnight tonight. Today I plan on having one sandwich, and then drinking until 8 or so tonight. When is your surgery! It's so nice to have someone who's going through the same things at the same time, so you can talk about what's going on! Take care! Kimberly
Terri B.
on 5/1/05 11:49 pm - St. Louis, MO
Kimberly, All the best for your surgery!!!!! Take care and heal quickly Terri
NewMeInMissouri
on 5/2/05 12:25 am - Columbia, MO
I wasn't logged on yesterday, and since it's now Monday morning, I assume you are at the hospital (and possibly in surgery at this very moment). Prayers for you, your family, and Drs. Scott/delaTorre are going up right now!! Welcome to the losers' club!! Looking forward to seeing the bracelets you've described... Cindy (-78) 274/196/140
Most Active
Recent Topics