carbonated drinks

Karen C.
on 4/29/05 8:47 am - Grain Valley, Mo
I had surgery on Feb.21 2005 and was wondering what the concensus was on carbonated drinks. I have had a few but have heard that drinking them can stretch your pouch. I will ask my doctor when I go see him next month but just wanted to know other peoples opineons. Thanks Karen
AngelFlyingHappy
on 4/29/05 1:54 pm - Oxnard, CA
My doctor says no carbonation ever!!! And for me its a very small price to pay. This is an awesome tool and he says the carbonation will stretch it, I believe him. Not going to keep asking until someone says its okay. So in my opinion, no soda. Michelle
Marion
on 4/30/05 1:29 am - St. Louis, MO
My doctor and dietician say no caffeine, carbonation or alcohol for a year, if not longer. The carbonation acts in your stomach the way it does in a soda bottle when you shake it. One girl I was talking to said that she accidentally drank some flavored water that was carbonated and it made her almost immediately. Sorry that isn't better news for you, but I'd rather be safe and keep losing than revert back to my diet coke habit and have problems.
Traci K.
on 4/30/05 2:32 am - Sullivan, MO
My doc said no carbonated drinks either - don't remember if there was a time limit or not. I very rarely drank any carbonated drinks before surgery, so going without after hasn't been a big deal. I have heard of some folks opening up a diet soda, letting it go flat, then drinking it. I suppose that would be an option, if ya gotta have your soda!
JulieCarver
on 4/30/05 9:45 am - Gladstone, MO
Karen, My doctor says no carbonated drinks ever...they are a !!! I agree with the other person who posted, Its a small price to pay. I drink water or iced tea most of the time, and I have lost the craving for any carbonated drinks. You will too. Julie
Most Active
Recent Topics