Help me calm down!

beth_in_stlouis
on 4/28/05 1:18 am - Denver, CO
GAH! My surgery is on May 16. I am nervous, anxious, scared to pieces, excited, worried, and hopeful all at once. My adrenaline is rushing all the time as I am coming closer to the surgery. It's a good thing I don't have hypertension 'cause I would be passing out!! Anyone have any ideas on what I can do with myself to calm myself down??????? I should take a bath in the spa tub at home with some candles or something. My poor hubby is handling my emotions with grace. I bet he'll be happy when I am unconscious from the drugs pre- and post-op! I can not focus on work at all. Hell I can barely focus to write this post! LOL My greatest concern is that I will die or be seriously injured in the surgery or soon post-op. My doctor is very skilled, and I am comfortable with his complication rate for this surgery. I just can not get my rational self to calm down the irrational self. Basically, I would call this the "OH SH*T" phase!!!! Any advice is appreciated. - Beth
teekay
on 4/28/05 1:27 am - Robertsville, MO
Beth it is gonna be fine. I know how you feel and I understand its not easy to go threw this but you have to take a deep breath and pull it together. I dont know who your dr is but i love my Dr and i know he will take care of me. As yours will to ya know what i will give you my number if ya want to call me just email me and i will email ya with it ok. I go on the 11th of may but i chose to go to depaul but i will go out of my way to try to help ya since I am also scared to death . I just know that i cant keep living with this love affair with food that i have its gonna get the best of me if i dont beat it frist. [email protected] its gonna be ok take care Tammy
Traci K.
on 4/28/05 2:06 am - Sullivan, MO
Sweetie - you'll be fine! It's completely normal to be nervous!! Find something to do to help pass the time: I cleaned and organized my house and cooked up some meals for my family and put them in the freezer. It will be here before you know it!!
TaraLynn
on 4/28/05 7:02 am - Lee's Summit, MO
Make a list of things you need to get done before your surgery. See my profile for the list I made. I was so busy trying to get stuff done that the day of surgery kind of snuck up on me. The 2nd thing you can do if you are so inclined is pray and turn it over to God. I like the verse below. It helps me remember who is all powerful. Psalms 18: 31-32 31For who is God, except the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God? 32It is God who arms me with strength, And makes my way perfect. Take care, Tara
beth_in_stlouis
on 4/28/05 10:06 pm - Denver, CO
Everyone, THANK YOU so much for all of your kinds words, posts, prayers, and e-mails. I am feeling much better. I have calmed down quite a bit and am coming to a more peaceful place. I know whatever will be, will be. I also must be rational and remember that I am a pretty healthy person (no major illnesses, etc.), have had two surgeries for other things in the past few years that I got through just fine, and my surgeon is skilled. Thanks again to you all; I am grateful to finally be able to have this surgery and I am hopeful all will work out just fine. Have a wonderful weekend. Thanks!!!!!!! - Beth
Most Active
Recent Topics