Vitamin Question?

Dawn D.
on 4/27/05 9:29 am - Ballwin, MO
Ok guys, I need your help, I went to Dr Fabito monday and Carla wants me to starts on regular vitamins.She suggested One a day for women.Today I started them and felt ok but then got a stomach this afternoon.Is it possible that the vitamin could have upset my stomach,and maybe I should take it with food? What time of the day do you take yours,and what kind do u take?? Help me this one.. Dawn (7weeks post-op -40lbs)
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/05 9:59 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
It is possible for vitamins to cause nausea, especially on an empty stomach. Even if you've eaten, they can cause discomfort. First, try to take your vitamin with food. If that doesn't help, try taking it right before bed, so you will be asleep when the nausea sets in. FYI: Taking them at night is often recommended for pregnant women because they tend to upset the stomach. And since you asked, I take Centrum Performance. It has 300% of most vitamins. My six month blood-work came back absolutely perfect. I generally take my pills in the morning, unless I forget Pamela -97
Shelly LaChance
on 4/27/05 10:51 am - Chester, IL
Do you get that at walmart
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/05 10:53 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Walmart, Walgreens...pretty much everyone carries it
Angie B.
on 4/27/05 11:31 pm - University City, MO
Although I'm 4 months out, I still do 2 Flinstone's chewables because they do not upset my empty. -Angie 302/225
Dawn D.
on 4/28/05 5:48 am - Ballwin, MO
Thank u guys so much for the advice, This morning I took the vitamin and then ate scrambled eggs,it was fine,no pains at all. What would I do without you guys??
Most Active
Recent Topics