I'm new, Please help!

Sherry W.
on 4/27/05 12:53 am - Moberly, MO
I can't find anyone who has Missouri Care and is haveing gasstric bypass. I need to know how long it takes to get an approval?
Traci K.
on 4/27/05 2:27 am - Sullivan, MO
Sorry Sherry - can't help. But wanted to welcome you to the Missouri board!
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/05 6:44 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Unfortunately, this is one of those things that no one can specifically answer, as all insurance companies have several different policies. You're going to have to do some legwork to get some answers... Have you tried calling your insurance company and asking them what their policy is on WLS? You should probably also ask for a copy of your coverage to be absolutely certain what the policy says (the company may so no, but the wording in the policy might have a loophole). Finally, you can contact a bariatric program and ask them if they have had experience with people who have your insurance. As for approval...it depends on how long it takes you to get all of your paperwork together (per your insurance requirements) and whether or not you get approved quickly or must go through the appeals process. Pamela -97
tinybear
on 4/27/05 2:48 pm - Portland, MO
My surgery date is set for June 6th, and again, lol, I have missouri care. This is not a typical insurance, it is medicaid and they do approve people. Which doc are you seeing? If it is Doctor Scott, you will need to make sure that you have everything done and then keep on Natalie to make sure it gets submitted in a timely manner, after that, medicaid should only take a day or 2 depending on your situation.
Most Active
Recent Topics