Post op diet

Nancy H.
on 4/26/05 2:13 am - Yuma, AZ
This diet really stinks. I am beginning to hate broth, jello, and juice! My follow up is not until Thursday and then I can add SF Carnation Instant Breakfast. (Which I have not been able to find locally). Stick with that for a week, then I can finally go to purees. I want to cheat so bad. Just a little lick of the fork/spoon of whatever my family is eating.......... Any helpful tips to get me through the next few weeks? Thanks! Nancy
TaraLynn
on 4/26/05 4:19 am - Lee's Summit, MO
Wow that is interesting that they let you have juice. What kind? I just finished my first week and I had the choice of jello or chicken broth, oh and water in between. I don't know how I got through it, I just wasn't hungry and trying so hard to get my water and protien in that it just went by quickly. I still am not doing good on either thing, but a little better each day so there is hope. Hmmm maybe you could do that concentrate on your water and try to up it a little each day maybe a couple of ounces or so and that will keep your mind on something else. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it easier on you. Take care, Tara
Nancy H.
on 4/26/05 5:16 am - Yuma, AZ
Tara, I can have any type of 100% juice that is not citrus and dilute it 50/50. I know I'm not drinking enough water, maybe I do need to drink more of it and it might help. Thanks! Nancy
Traci K.
on 4/26/05 9:02 pm - Sullivan, MO
Oh gosh, I do remember that stage of the diet. Not fun for sure. It's sooo worth it to hang in there and waiting it out. Believe me, you don't want to start throwing up or getting that pouch to hurting!!!! Spend the next fews days on the hunt for SF Carnation, that will give ya something to do anyway! Traci
Nancy H.
on 4/26/05 11:00 pm - Yuma, AZ
I took your advice and finally asked someone at Walmart where to locate it. All they had was 0 Sugar Carbs added, but when you read the back it has 7g of sugars. I am going to take the box to DR. Scott tomorrow and see if it's OK to have it. Thanks Traci
Most Active
Recent Topics