Update on my mom!

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/05 5:15 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
My mom's surgery was at 730 this morning. SHE did just fine, although Dr. Wagner had some problems. Just as he was finishing the final two sutures that stitch the lapband in place, someone bumped the laparascopic camera, and his needle punctured the balloon portion of the band. He had to put in a whole new contraption. He also discovered a hiatal hernia, which he stitched into place. She is in very little pain, doesn't even have any of that horrible gas pain in her chest. She has no staples (lucky her, no itching) and no drain. They don't even have her hooked up to morphine (apparently morphine causes nausea, and they don't want bandsters to throw up). She's very tired, but weren't we all? Dr. Wagner said he expects that she will go home tomorrow morning. Other than her having to recover from the anesthetic, she's actually doing really well. Much better than I did, that's for sure! Pamela -94
Shelly LaChance
on 4/18/05 5:27 am - Chester, IL
Thats great to here that she is doing fine.. Shelly
*Sheila *.
on 4/18/05 6:42 am - Southwest, MO
Hi Pamela please tell your mom congratulations for me. I am glad she is doing so good. Dr. W must have a great touch because I hardly had any pain with my band either. lol. Tell your mom welcome to the losers bench. Sheila 375/344/297/150
Marion
on 4/18/05 6:59 am - St. Louis, MO
Please let her know that Tim and I wish her the very best and that we are very glad that she is doing so well. Give her a hug for me when you see her, please!
Dawn D.
on 4/18/05 9:54 am - Ballwin, MO
Pam, I am so happy shes doing so well.Please tell her we are thinking and praying for her.She will bounce back quickly I am sure..Thank u so much for updating us. Take care, Dawn
Elizabeth Myers
on 4/18/05 1:18 pm - Barnhart, MO
Pam: I am so excited to hear the good news about your mom....I am so glad she liked Dr. Wagner; I was am still am very impressed with him. Please let your mom know your mom she is on my prayer list. Betty Myers
Shelli_LessBelly
on 4/19/05 4:59 am - Creve Coeur, MO
Hi Pamela! So glad to hear your mom's surgery went well, aside of the doc's procedural issues. Your mom is a pleasure! I enjoyed getting to know her at the picnic. Won't be long and you'll both be skinny-minnies! Shelli
NewMeInMissouri
on 4/19/05 8:21 am - Columbia, MO
Glad she tolerated the surgery well - hopefully she went home today and Barri the Bunny is keeping her company! (I LOVED that idea...think I'll start one here in Columbia). Was good to meet you both at the picnic last weekend. -Cindy (-71) 274/203/140
Most Active
Recent Topics