WHATS HAPPENING WEDNESDAY

Jan C.
on 3/29/11 11:06 pm - Cedar Creek, MO
Yesterday was a great day outside. finally after several years of telling sister that if she got her a flower bed outlined with something that i would help her fill it and also help her decide what she needed to plant that wouldnt take a lot of care....so finally she got all of that done and we went flower shopping. she was wanting all sorts of flowers that require a lot of care but with some gentle prodding and pushing was able to show her some flowers that give the same general effect but requide hardly any care at all after they get established...i think it will be about 2 to 3 weeks and she will have a beautiful flower bed. and will be very pretty...                        I know it beat all four of us up....we were all in bed by 10pm and some of us are just now getting up....I think Joe is the only one that is still asleep. course that isnt anything new for him....lol

they went a bought a pallet of rocks to outline the bed and it was 70ft around...they had enough to make two rounds all the way around and to make another bed for them to fill with flowers....but will have to fill it with dirt first. told her that if she wants to be cheaper. she can use flower seeds instead of plants ...they will come up quickly down here if she keeps them moist for the first 7 to 10 days.....

anyway we are really enjoying seeing and watching her new baby colt....he is such a big boy and so pretty....muscles like i have never seen on a new baby....and so so long legged...i ask her if he had extra long legs and she said he did. was probably going to be a really big horse, that his daddy was a really big horse....his name is Streaker ...lol something to do with his dads name..

http://community.webshots.com/user/mimicook?vhost=community

GOD BLESS YOU TODAY
JAN COOK

Debbie D.
on 3/30/11 6:02 am - KS
Good Afternoon Mama Jan & MO Peeps!

Don't faint but I'm actually going to post on here today! To tell you the truth I've been so busy that I hadn't checked the Board for almost a week!  

David got a job with GRAINGER!! We are so thankful! His tentative start date is April 11, 2011. We found out last Friday just a few hours before we left for our "Weekend To Remember" christian marriage conference. It is sponsored by Family Life and was in Overland Park. We booked a hotel room for two nights. This was our first christian marriage conference but it will not be our last! I cannot tell you how WONDERFUL the entire weekend was!  David and I had a great time getting to know each other again and asking the Lord to bless our marriage so we can leave a legacy for Him and His Kingdom!

For those of you who aren't aware of it, my husband, David, has been without a "regular" job since November 2008. He has been working as an independent contractor since August 2009. That job will be ending in about 3 weeks. It's no coincidence that the Lord provided this job at this time and the fact that we found out just a few hours before we were going away for the weekend. It has been a hard 2 1/2 years. It'll still be hard because gas is so expensive and the job is in KC, MO. The hope is that within 6 months he can be transferred to the Lenexa branch.  Grainger has great benefits! Our health/dental/life insurance begin the FIRST day he starts!!  All I can say is "GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME. ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD!"

My Microsoft Office 2010 class at JCCC is going well. So far I have A+ but I had the first part of my first exam yesterday and will have part 2 tomorrow - I am as prepared as I ever will be!  We are really behind because we missed like 3 snow days at the beginning of the semester.  I have a feeling we're going to be working our "butts off" to try and catch up by the end of the year. We will see.

Update of Paul - Bec told me yesterday that Paul has decided to keep trying the chemo. Please pray for them both. It breaks my heart to see her and him go thru this awful thing called cancer.  Apparently, he did have some bad reaction with the 2nd round of chemo but he woke up yesterday morning and ate a good breakfast - that is a positive sign.  Please pray for their family's peace during this time.

Mama Jan - I would really like to actually come visit with you before you leave to your new home!!  Do you think that would be possible?  Maybe some of the others who live by me would like to ride either to your house or meet you somewhere.  When are you actually moving? When would be a good time. Would be better for me after my class is completed - which will be the end of May.

How is Brenda Nutt? I've been praying for her and her family as well. Haven't checked the website Randy set up for her in a week as well. I hope she has a complete recovery.

Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. Love you all and hope to get to see some of you soon!

Debbie D.

hazmat11
on 3/30/11 6:53 am
 I agree Debbie we need to see as much of Jan as we can before she leaves. Maybe we can have a big pajama party. Thanks for the update on Becky's husband. I am keeping them and Brenda in my prayers. Praise for the permanent job.
 Jan what will we do without you.
Uncle Sam is killing me this year on taxes, I am thinking another country might be a smart move. I can't wait to hear more about your new home.

Come on Mo. we need more people posting on here. Share what's happening with you and maybe we can all help each other.
Susie

Jan C.
on 3/30/11 7:47 am - Cedar Creek, MO
Hey girls that would be great to have a PJ party or something anyway....Susie  the taxes on our house in Ecuador is 15.00 a year....can you believe it? sure is a lot different than here....and if you dont want insurance on it you dont have to have it...besides most houses there are made of non burnable materials for the most part. and if your house does burn they neighborhood comes and helps you rebuild it.
Uncle Sam has quit being my favorite uncle a long time ago.
i am going to buy one of the new flip phones so i can record all sorts of stuff when i get there and will put the videos on facebook ....if everyone that is going to come see us there that says they are we will have to make reservations lol but i would sure love that....just come expecting an adventure...it is one great place...

GOD BLESS YOU TODAY
JAN COOK

G.I.Jane
on 3/31/11 2:37 pm
Hey gals,

Sorry I haven't been very active. Just really busy time of the year for my work. All is well here in North MO - and it sounds like everyone is doing pretty good on here. Hoping to get a garden in this weekend, but had to change Saturday's plans to go help a fellow Vizsla owner look for her missing pregnant dog on Saturday - so that will entail a 5 hour trip down to Springfield to help them on the search party. Poor thing got loose a week or so ago and should have whelped puppies on Mon or Tuesday of this week. Poor pup.

Anyway, I'll try to be more active on the site.

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
Unknown.

Jan C.
on 4/1/11 3:16 am - Cedar Creek, MO
Jane i had to tell you that i just love your saying at the end of your post....it always makes me smile....hope you find the dog and her puppies. that is sad....

GOD BLESS YOU TODAY
JAN COOK

Most Active
Recent Topics