QUESTIONS FOR WINNIPEG

NorthernHusky
on 5/16/14 1:02 am

Hi,

i am finished with all of the stuff at the Victoria Hospital, and on Wednesday i meet with the surgeon (on Tache) sorry, im not from winnipeg, and i will be coming in. I had a few questions for someone who had their surgery done there, and has some advice to give.

as well all know, going this path is a long process, but it teaches us the healthy way to live prior, in order to continue making healthy decisions later.

So.. my questions are,

What to expect at the office? im a bit of an anxiety queen, and ive been worried now after all of this work, that it wont work.. i will get denied.

what kind of questions and tests will they run on you at the office? will they weigh you? is it a lengthy appointment?

please, if you have any advice, id like to hear it... help put my nervous stomach to rest..

Thank you :)

Buziemom3
on 5/20/14 3:19 am - Canada

I had my surgery in March, and it was great. My initial appointment with the Surgeon was about 15 minutes. They did weigh me, then went through both surgery options, asked me which once I wanted to have and what my reasons were for choosing it (I chose Gastric Bypass). They then explained the surgery in detail, and the risks and then said I was good to go (just as the clinic did). When I was done I scheduled my surgery right there with the receptionist.

I know it seems like the clinic never really gives you all the answers, but the only way you can get them is by asking simply because everyone is so different.

If you have been approved to go through to the surgeon, you are in, this is really happening! Best of luck to you, if you have any other questions, feel free to message me :)

NorthernHusky
on 5/20/14 3:21 am

there is no EKG or blood work? stress test etc?

Buziemom3
on 5/20/14 5:24 am - Canada

That happens before your appointment I believe. The clinic should have given you a package and in that is a questionnaire for you to fill out and one for your family doctor. The doctor then has instructions to schedule you for an EKG, Blood Work and X-ray. That all needs to be sent into the Surgeon I believe 6 weeks before your surgery. If you haven't gotten that done yet, you should call the clinic as they should have given you the package when they okayed you to proceed.

NorthernHusky
on 5/20/14 5:36 am

Thank you for the information! i have all those done yes lol..i am reading so much about everythng on this forum, but sometimes it re-routes me to the USA, and they have a lot of insurance tests and stuff.. im confused, do you do any other tests before surgery? or on the surgery date?

Karenerickson
on 5/20/14 10:07 pm - Portage La Prairie, Canada

Some people have had to go to the sleep clinic for a study before surgery, it really is dependant on your health issues. Everyone gets blood work etc before surgery. I got my papers during my clinic visits with nurse.

Most Active