I did it!

Karenerickson
on 1/30/13 12:32 pm - Portage La Prairie, Canada

So had my gallbladder surgery yesterday and not feeling too bad. A little stiff and sore and very gassed up but  it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

But the great news is I HIT A BMI OF 47! When they weighed me yesterday I was at the right weight! Now I just need to get into see my own Dr to get my referral resent and hopefully I am on my way to start the journey to WLS. I figure by the time I get through orientation, meetings etc I will be well healed up from the gallbladder surgery and I won't have to worry about having problems when I do have surgery.

Just needed to share this as you ladies have been so supportive of me and I have always felt welcome here to share my travels to this point.

Karen

rainyone
on 1/30/13 3:04 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
Woooohooooooo! That totally rocks ! Wtg

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

its-killen-me
on 1/31/13 6:12 am - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12

Congrats Karen.  You did great.   I think they changed the bmi to 55 now.  SO YOU ARE DEFINATELY IN.  Way to Go.

Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
Karenerickson
on 1/31/13 7:39 am - Portage La Prairie, Canada

You are right, they are now calling people who have been on the waiting list waiting for the criteria to change. I talked to Amara last week and she said that she is calling people from 2010. My date is February 2011. She told me to still send in my new weight as they would get me in pretty quick.

I am just happy to find myself that much closer to having WLS.

Teasha1
on 1/31/13 10:31 am
VSG on 06/04/12
Good for you Karen, feel better from your surgery soon. Iam so happy for you that you hit the bmi, feels good eh!!!

Dr. Sauceda future patient  - body will be by Sauceda!

Surgery 4 Jun 12 Dr Ponce de Leon in Mexico I was down 57 lbs prior to surgery.

notoriousgrannyD
on 1/31/13 10:42 am
VSG on 10/16/12

Very Very proud of you, you are an excellent example of what can be accomplished if you want it bad enough.  You didn't sit back and wait for the changes (although ironically they change it to 55 when you finally made your goal of 47.. geez) and got off your butt, put in the work and now you are ready.  I hope they fast track you, you've been waiting and trying longer than anyone on this board.  Congrats!

. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
Dianne C.
on 1/31/13 11:17 am - Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
VSG on 02/06/12

Yay! Great news all around!

Dianne           
HW 270 (Sept 2011); surgery weight 236 (Feb 6, 2012); current 167 (103 lb lost); goal set by nutritionist 148 (ha ha!!). Vertical sleeve gastrectomy at Obesity Control Center (Dr. Ariel Ortiz), Tijuana, MX. Self-pay, self-referral, 4-week wait. Abdominoplasty Aug 10, 2013 (Dr. K. Dolynchuk, Winnipeg - self-pay)

Madelaine2000
on 2/1/13 3:19 am

WOW Karen, good for you! You have been so much more patient than I ever could have been and now you are on your way!!

Referred Dec/2011
Acceptance letter Jan 24/12
VSG MAY 22 DR. PONCE DE LEON MEXICO
7.5 months - 70 pounds!!!

alle
on 2/1/13 8:10 am
RNY on 05/15/12

Wow Karen that is fantastic!   Your time will be here before you know it!  Keep on track and feel better soon!

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
Most Active