4 Months post-op

Linz-loo
on 12/2/12 5:00 am - Winnipeg, Canada

Today is my 4 months post RNY!!!  It has been such a fun and exciting journey.  I am down 61 lbs and feel amazing!  6 lbs from Onederland!!!  I really haven't had any problems with food or dumping.  I can pretty much tolerate all foods, just in very small portions.  I'm off my BP meds and have gone down from a size 20 to a size 14.  I feel great!

So that's my update for now!  Can't wait for my six month update, I'll be in Mexico hopefully rocking some cute pool attire!

Linz-loo  
Referred May 2011. Group Session January 2012. Surgeons Consult April 2012.
Surgery Date August 2, 2012.
mama-of-2
on 12/2/12 6:23 am - Canada

That's awesome! I am so glad for you! I remember meeting you right before your surgery and you having so many of the same questions that I had. You are doing fantastic!

Hope to see you at the Wednesday meeting!

J.

Karenerickson
on 12/2/12 7:26 am - Portage La Prairie, Canada

Congratulations, you are doing amazing! Have fun in Mexico!

rainyone
on 12/2/12 11:42 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12

That's awesome... Time sure flies!

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

Snow_White_39
on 12/2/12 1:37 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 04/30/12

Yay for you and congratulations! Isn't it nice to finally be able to look forward to sitting around a pool or beach? And be off PB meds... and be able to shop in regular size stores? Best of luck with your journey and making it to Onederland sooner rather than later!  kiss

notoriousgrannyD
on 12/2/12 8:18 pm
VSG on 10/16/12

Excellent! Onederland will be here before you know it and so will Mexico!  I am so excited about my next plane ride, imagine fitting into the seats with no troubles, not spilling over into the next one and that dam seatbelt so tight that you feel like a balloon with an elastic around it!  I can't wait to see you again with all your changes - congrats!

. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
(deactivated member)
on 12/2/12 11:51 pm

thats awesome lindsey.i hope your there on wednesday.cant wait to see you.

amyred27
on 12/3/12 1:02 am

YAYAYAY!!!!!!! What an accomplishment!!

How have you handled people's response to your weight loss?

Linz-loo
on 12/3/12 10:55 am - Winnipeg, Canada

Thank you!  I have told my family and a few close friends about my surgery.  Everyone at my workplace knows I've had the surgery as I work on the surgical floor at Victoria Hospital, LOL.  They have ALL been very supportive since they see how much the surgery has changed so many lives for the better! 

As for people that I don't yet feel comfortable telling, I just say that I'm eating smaller portions, cutting out carbs and increasing my exercise ( all true!)

I went to my staff holiday party on Friday and everyone kept commenting and giving me compliments on how much I've changed and it felt so good!  I just kept smiling and saying thank you.  Honeslty as I loose more weight I feel more comfortable sharing my experience as I'm so excited about the changes.  I'll be at the meeting on Wednesday, so if you want to chat more about it just let me know!  You'll find your way of dealing with it I'm sure!

Linz-loo  
Referred May 2011. Group Session January 2012. Surgeons Consult April 2012.
Surgery Date August 2, 2012.
alle
on 12/3/12 9:31 am
RNY on 05/15/12

Wow that's so awesome!  I can't believe it's already been 4 months for you. You rock! 

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
Most Active