My new snack- recipe from Bariatric Foodie

rainyone
on 11/10/12 10:23 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12

http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.ca/2012/09/niks-protein-powe r-balls.html

I did some alterations with these. I rolled them into little balls ( she said she got 7-8 balls and her stats were for 10 - I did small balls and got 20) and dipped in chocolate .... I didn't use milk I used sugar free flavored syrup ( vanilla one time, and sf cookie doughmmmmmm)  OMG they were amazing. Like a little bite of heaven. I brought them to work for a pot luck and they all vanished. Everybody couldn't believe the simplicity of the ingredients. No one could believe it was high fiber, high protein , or  that it was healthy. The kids like them. My picky friend loves them - said they taste like a reese's peanut butter cup ( Ya , not quite lol)   You can use sf chocolate to dip as well if the sugar alcohols don't bother you. The bran should help you in the bathroom.

I have taken to bringing them to work in my car for a quick breakfast ( lol chocolate for breakfast with my click - breakfast of champs)

I'm thinking I am going to bring them to the next meet and greet ( last time I brought PB2, syntrax mint cookie matrix protein and click lol- I'm such a evangelist when I like something!

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

Snow_White_39
on 11/11/12 2:58 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 04/30/12

Mmmm... looks good. Always looking for healthy snacks. Where do you find the sf flavoured syrup?

Aprilly
on 11/12/12 1:02 am - Winnipeg, Canada

I just ordered a variety of sugar free / calorie free items from Waldenfarms.ca

rainyone
on 11/12/12 1:51 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
You can pick up tons of them at deluca's on portage ave. tons of flavours . I also have bought the sf vanilla -and other ones at Starbucks as well($10 a bottle)

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

alle
on 11/13/12 7:18 am
RNY on 05/15/12

Yummy, I'm gonna try these!  Keep the recipes coming!

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
rainyone
on 11/13/12 10:55 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
I've now made. 4 batches of these ! My 14 year old step daughter is addicted to them now . They make a great grab snack as well. A little bite of protein and fiber and chocolate mmmmm

notoriousgrannyD
on 11/14/12 11:57 am
VSG on 10/16/12

sitting here enjoying one right now.  I mixed it up a bit as well and used SF dolce cinnamon (brought from Starbucks on Pembina for $10 for a big bottle)  and eliminated the cinnamon and milk.  I really like them.  I got 14 out of the batch.  So what is the calorie/carb/protien count for a batch?  has anyone found them on MFP? I trolled around for them but never found any and I want to record them. 

. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
Most Active