dazee_girl1977

Madelaine2000
on 8/6/12 6:24 am
I saw that you had some complications and wondered how you were doing?

Referred Dec/2011
Acceptance letter Jan 24/12
VSG MAY 22 DR. PONCE DE LEON MEXICO
7.5 months - 70 pounds!!!

dazee_girl1977
on 8/6/12 1:23 pm - Brandon, Canada
 Slowly feeling better! Thanks for asking!!
Complications were: surgery was last Monday. I was a bleeder which slowed things to begin with, then as he was starting to close up, my bile duct kinked and he had to go back and redo all the connections which made the surgery take 6 hours. I had a drain left, which isn't common with RNY. That came out Thursday. On the Wednesday morning I had to have a blood transfusion. I also had to have a swallow test done (Thursday). The nurses said that Dr Vergis had been so nervous that he actually did a little happy dance when that came back good! I am now the same as all of the wonderful friends on the RNY losers bench!!

alle
on 8/7/12 1:48 am
RNY on 05/15/12
Glad your on the mend.  Take it easy, let yourself heal nice and slowly and sip, sip, sip.

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
Madelaine2000
on 8/7/12 9:49 am
Wow thats some scary stuff! But you are on the mend and im good hands. Text me when you get back to town and if you feel up to it, Ill come for a visit. Take it easy and start to enjoy being on the losing side of things now!

Referred Dec/2011
Acceptance letter Jan 24/12
VSG MAY 22 DR. PONCE DE LEON MEXICO
7.5 months - 70 pounds!!!

Most Active