I'm sleeved in Mexico....

rainyone
on 4/4/12 1:56 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
I'm done... yay... got out of surgery around 6 pm local time ( 8 ours) ... it went well. I'm walking around , farting a bit and burping. I did throw up twice , first time was the first time getting up for the first time - felt dizzy and weak and then  the nausea hit. was dry heaves and it was what i was most scared of , but wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.  

The pain isn't bad , feel my abdomen gurgling away ... am really looking forward to taking a shower today!

notoriousgrannyD
on 4/4/12 3:06 am
VSG on 10/16/12
OMG OMG OMG!!! l didn't realize you even went yet!!  Sooooo happy for you (can I have your spot? lol)   you "sound" great !!!! and I was kinda sad you didn't make it to the M & G on Sunday but now I know why.   Take care and keep us posted on your progress.   WOW that was FAST!

NGD
rainyone
on 4/4/12 3:46 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
 Well , I won't be using my spot .lol .... It's been less than 24 hours ... I can't get comfortable but everything is good ! I just feel like this gas needs to leave my body and I will be good ... I get to have ice chips today wooohoooo .... And I took the best ever shower 
notoriousgrannyD
on 4/4/12 4:03 am
VSG on 10/16/12
Well if I was there, I would totally pull your finger.  Keep us posted on your progress there as I know there are so many who are considering taking the Mexico route.    Also we are roughly planning a M & G on May 2 (it's a Wed. evening - 4 weeks from today) so keep it in mind. 

This might sound dumb, but which surgery did you go with?  I am assuming the VSG but then I remember you were kinda leaning to RNY with Vergis.
rainyone
on 4/4/12 5:20 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
yes , I went with the sleeve. I was signed up for the RNY here but the more I thought about it I wanted the sleeve.

I'm hoping I will make it to the next m&g .... evenings are generally better , since I work every second weekend!
Used2Bthin
on 4/4/12 5:38 am - Canada
WOOT contrats.   Walk lots, it really helps with the gas!
     Dr. Nohr in Medicine Hat.  Open RNY March 28 2011.  Start weight 253 current weight 122.       
rainyone
on 4/4/12 11:39 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
My leak tests are today! They do 2 of them... one where you drink the blue dye and they watch for it in your drain. The other is a contrast dye that you swallow and they xray you. I hoping they are all good.. I get to get the drain and iv out and move to the hotel.

They brought me apple juice and tea yesterday by mistake - I was to only be on ice chips and had about 1/2 the tea and a couple sips of the apple juice...man was it good lol.. even the ice chips are nice to have. I can't wait to have more liquids. I tolerated the liquids well. so yay

Used2Bthin
on 4/5/12 5:38 am - Canada
Awsome!  Hope things continue to go as well in the coming weeks!  Stay positive and welcome to your new life.
     Dr. Nohr in Medicine Hat.  Open RNY March 28 2011.  Start weight 253 current weight 122.       
Madelaine2000
on 4/5/12 10:26 am
Things sound good..what a relief! How long will you stay in the hotel and then when do you fly home? (Im gathering info for when I book and just trying to set a timeline). Arent you just so thrilled that the surgery is over??
rainyone
on 4/6/12 12:36 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
 I leave the hotel this morning for San Diego , where we decided to stay another day in San Diego to go some shopping and hang around the hotel.  I was so lovey dovey yesterday just do happy it was done and went well. 

It might have helped that the gas is gone and I had a great poop yesterday ! Lol 
Most Active