Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy

mice_elf_2u
on 5/11/09 10:30 am - Beausejour, Manitoba, Canada
Hi Everyone. I have been doing some research on this procedure and actually found two very nice ladies in Canada that I have been emailing back and forth who have had this done by Dr. Alvarez in Mexico. I am leaning very much toward's this but finances is such an obstacle. Plus I haven't told my hubby yet that I want to do this. Anyone in Manitoba ever have this done and if so, tell  your story here. I would love to hear all about it! Blessings all!

Tracey
Steph_Manitoba
on 5/12/09 1:06 am - Canada

Dr. Savoie in Bathurts, New Brunswick does this surgery. Manitoba medical well pay for out of province surgery if you qualify.  Your GP has to refer you to Dr. Savoie. If you want more info let me know.

Talk to you soon Stephanie

mice_elf_2u
on 5/12/09 6:46 am - Beausejour, Manitoba, Canada
I know that the wait list in Montreal is 24 months. Send me the info that you have.
Steph_Manitoba
on 5/14/09 4:41 am - Canada

Ok Dr. Savoie does Lap-band, DS, and VSG.  Manitoba does not cover lap-band.

Dr. Marc Savoie
270 Douglas Ave.
Suit 303
Bathurst N.B.
E2A 1M9

He opened a new office so try this number and ask for Sharon Dimitroff she well help you get his office number and fax.  1-506-544-2046

I hope this helps  Stephanie

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/09 12:57 pm - Canada
Hi there,

I sent my referral to Dr. Amson/Dr. Tang in Victoria, BC in Feb/09 and today I recieved my first consult appointment with Dr. Tang for JUNE 26/09!! Dr Tang's wait list is apparently shorter so perhaps you should have a referral sent to him. He does VSG- Sleeve Gastrectomy as well as the RNY. Would you like his info?

Laurie
(deactivated member)
on 5/14/09 1:53 pm - Canada
Dr Savoie #506 544 3710 @ clinic
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/09 4:56 am - Canada
mice_elf_2u
on 6/2/09 10:16 pm - Beausejour, Manitoba, Canada
Can anyone tell me what Manitoba Medicare says would even qualify you for VSG in another province or any WLS for that matter?
Most Active