Lisa O. Update

Jean M.
on 11/24/13 8:42 pm
Revision on 08/16/12

Our friend Tamara spent some time with Lisa yesterday, while Lisa mostly rested and slept. Tamara reports that a few days ago Lisa's doctors had removed one of the tubes that was helping to remove the bile from her liver, but yesterday she developed a high fever and later began to vomit bile. Not good news so they had replace the tube. She threw up a significant amount (100cc) and bless her heart she got through it. As soon as she threw up her fever went down.

Good news is they're going to take the vent out and she will have a tracheotomy today. They hope this will make her more comfortable and then they can back off on the sedation. She will still be on a vent (via the trach tube) but this will be less invasive.

Lisa has had extreme edema (fluid retention) and got up to 300 pounds. the edema was so bad that her skin had water blisters. As she looses the fluids, her weight is down to about 260. She is still puffy but her body is getting rid of the fluid. That's very good news.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Vivian Prouty
on 11/24/13 9:33 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Jean.....I'm sorry that I didn't see this earlier.    Sometimes I don't check out the posts on OH like I should.   I am contacting my church this AM and having Lisa O. added to the prayer list.    I am so thankful for you and Hislady for posting updates on Lisa.    I had to read back through this message board to see what was going on with her.   I am SO SORRY that this happened to her.    BIG prayers going out for this precious lady. I know that our God won't put her through more than she can bare.    Praying today for God to touch her body and heal her and make her whole again.   Thank you for updating and I will watch your update posts on her.    Thanks again for updating everyone.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Jean M.
on 11/24/13 11:49 pm
Revision on 08/16/12

Thank you, Vivian. There's a Love Lisa prayer network all over the country, and you're part of it now. I know that God intends for Lisa to get through this. During the past 6 weeks, he has saved her at moments when I feared she wouldn't survive.

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Vivian Prouty
on 11/25/13 12:05 am - Fort Worth, TX

Thank you SO much Jean.    I believe that God will raise her up and heal her body totally !!!!

Hugs and blessings ~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Kate -True Brit
on 11/25/13 1:36 am - UK

Thanks for keeping us informed, Jean,

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Karen R.
on 11/25/13 4:41 am - Peoria, AZ

Thank you Jean. I know how busy you are right now and we all are grateful for the updates.

Everyone is praying for her.

Karen

looking4hope
on 11/25/13 10:49 am

We are still praying here in NJ. Thanks for the updates!

Highest 317 6/1 start pre-op diet312 6/15 2 days before surgery303 6/22 5 days post-op296  6/28 11 days post-op  290 7/5 18 days post-op 288 8/19 10 weeks post-op 278 9/10 274 11/6 268 2/18 257 3/26 249 5/14 237

Most Active