Fat Secret.... {heart} it! Simply ah-mazing food tracking ap/website...

adorkbl
on 1/14/11 3:52 pm
I have a blackberry... and was using SparkPeople.com to track my food etc. I really HATED their ap for the BB... it wasn't really an ap, more of a mobile way to conect via phone.

Well I discovered FatSecret.com back in Nov and I absolutely {heart} the ap for my phone. It instantly syncs with my online account, and vice versa. It is fast. Has oodles of info in the database for all sorts of restaurants etc. The chart options are fab. And PDF printouts are way excellent. Extremly user friendly little ap/website.

When ever I go out to eat, I always check FS to see the nutritional value in my options. At my sister's birthday dinner (Olive Garden) my phone was getting passed around so others could look up their choices.

Anyway... I wanted to share in case anyone was looking for a good tool to use on the go. I cannot say enough good things about it!!! 

It should NOT be a secret!!

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

adorkbl
on 1/14/11 3:53 pm
Oh and the best part. TOTALLY 100% FREE!

Posted Image

gallbladder  

MrsRichardson
on 1/14/11 4:25 pm - CA
Cool, Im going to download it right now. I have been using LoseIt! and I really like it. But Im going to check this one out and see if it offers something different.

jaxmom
on 1/15/11 12:38 am
YAY!! thanks for the info. I just switched from an iphone to a berry and you just made my day. i LOVE fitday.com but they do not have a phone app. so I use that from home.... I need some out of the home love, lol!!!! thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lap-Banded March 16, 2010
263.4/187/148(Start/current/Goal)

'once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right'

adorkbl
on 1/15/11 8:05 am
Jaxmom: If you would like to be BBM buddies... let me know and I can PM you my BB pin.

Posted Image

gallbladder  

Janice221
on 1/15/11 1:17 am - Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Wow! This is so cool! Thank you so much for sharing.
Stephanie M.
on 1/15/11 2:27 am
Downloaded it to my iphone...for my hubby, since it is very simple to use and he is a *****allenged with the sparkpeople.com website.  I use sparkpeople.com and love it...have a lot of recipes stored in there.

My husband is 63 yrs old, weighs 176.6 is 5'9" tall.  He got up to 209 in 2008 and lost over 40 lbs by walking and then running over about 4 months time....he runs 4-6 miles a day and does a lot of strength training...he has gained about 8 lbs over the holidays, but his body fat has stayed the same, 23%.  So if you take the 8 lbs x 23% he has actually gained MUSCLE (6.16 lbs) and less than 2 lbs of fat...so he wants to lose the two pounds...lol.  He is a carb eater, lots of fruit, nuts, veggies, m&ms, yogurt, etc.  He is now trying to eat low carb...hmmm???  He was a long distance runner in high school and has amazing aerobic capacity.  Flies through his cardiac stress test...6 miles per hour at 12 % incline and the cardiologist always scratches his head...his resting heart rate is 54.

Time will tell...wouldn't we all want to have his problem???

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

grannymedic1
on 1/15/11 8:49 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
I have been using myfatsecret.com for nearly a year to log my food and exercise. I love it too.  I have gotten some really good recipies there, too.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Connie_J7
on 1/17/11 1:35 am
Hmmm..  this must be an Iphone / Blackberry App only..  I just checked the android marketplace and didnt see it..  :(

I have 2 apps on my phone to track fat/calories, etc, but dont really like either one...

Surgery Date: 1-28-08. Small AP Band.
Starting Weight: 255
Current Weight: 243
Goal Weight: 150

Starting Over Again and Taking It One Day At A Time!

Most Active