Date set for Jan 8th- Will I need help? my husband is deployed!!

Michelle L.
on 12/21/03 12:15 pm - Shreveport, LA
I have been very lucky to get my surgery set very quickly, just over a month to get approved. I have Tricare prime they seem to be great!!! I just found out yesterday that my husband will be deployed for the next 6 months leaving January 2nd. I am in Barksdale Afb in Bossier and have two kids. I have a friend to take me to the hospital and watch my 6 and 11 year olds while I am in the hospital then I am on my own. I am 5'4 and 230 and hoping to go back to work after a week. Am I in la la land? I am having Lapriscopic. I DONT WANT TO POSTPONE MY SURGERY!! Any suggestions would be great!! Michelle
Lesley T.
on 12/21/03 1:02 pm - slidell, LA
Michelle Congrats on your upcoming surgery and I am sorry to hear about your husband, my son is deploying Jan 25 to Iraq so I feel for you. I had open RNY and at 10 days I flew to pick up my step kids and at one week was back exercising and doing my household stuff. I do have a very high tolerance for pain. As far as the kids I see no problem as they dont need to be picked up or hand fed and your 11 yo should be able to help out. I would try to get 2 weeks off if you can just to be sure, la*****t its a big surgery. Best wishes to you, Lesley
Tammie W.
on 1/5/04 9:39 am - Pineville, LA
Nah! I had a 5 year old and no help. I was up and walking the day of surgery and went home the next day. By the weekend I was up walking the Alexandria mall. The trip home was not fun (La. roads and all...) and I advocate taking the pain medication at first but slowly getting off of it. Good luck! Tammie
Most Active