Are you looking for a surgeon in the state of LA that takes Medicaid?

Kathy S.
on 1/9/18 12:17 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hello,

I wish I could type this in pencil as we all know this can change at any moment, but for now here is the update.

If you were working with Dr. Selim's office for WLS per Latasha they are no longer accepting any Medicaid patients. I called Dr. Ruary O'Connell's office and spoke with Monika Bowman and she confirmed Dr. O'Connell takes the following medicaid insurance.

United Healthcare

LA Healthcare

Amerihealth Capis

Monika said to give her a call and she will help you start the process for having weight loss surgery with Dr. O'Connell.

Dr. Ruary O'Connell

Renewal Bariatric

2700 Napoleon Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70115

Contact Monika Bowman

1 (504) 259-7519

1 (504) 897-0700

Regards,

Kathy

Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Kathy S.
on 1/10/18 1:42 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I just spoke with a member that called Dr. O'Connell's office and spoke with Monika. She has an appointment next week and was told she does not have to start the 6 months over. Fingers crossed this works for you all

willyoubetrue
on 2/22/18 12:41 pm - Zachary, LA

I spoke with Mrs. Monika last week Mrs.Kathy and she told me that my insurance was not cooperating with them, so again I'll probably not be able to have my surgery. Because there's NO DOCTORS in Louisiana taking Medicaid/Healthy Blue. I'm beyond tired of asking looking and practically begging to have my surgery so now at this point I've given up completely... I can't find anyone to help me at this point!

Kathy S.
on 2/22/18 7:33 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I would call your insurance and see what you can do to change your insurance. I know a lot of people that have done it in TX. No surgeons that take Amerigroup and they change to Molina and go to Dr. Now in Houston... Call them and see what they say. If they say no, then they need to give you some names and numbers of surgeon that take blue... GRRRRRR

I will keep looking!!!

willyoubetrue
on 5/15/18 9:58 am - Zachary, LA

Hi Mrs Kathy...

This is Terri and I was wondering if you had gotten any news on more doctors in Louisiana taking Medicaid for the Weightloss Surgery, and also has Dr. Raury O'Connell started taking Healthy Blue yet...

willyoubetrue
on 11/5/18 9:32 am - Zachary, LA

Hello Mrs. Kathy.

Have you been able to find another surgeon that takes patients that have Healthy Blue in Louisiana and will accept you as a patient no matter your location in the state of Louisiana!

Kathy S.
on 11/6/18 2:13 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Waving hi I sent the information to you via email.... Let me know if you did not get it

Jencrouch_
on 2/24/18 9:52 am - Springfield , La

I am in the Exact situation that you are in! I have exhausted every lead that I have been given. I spent hours online and on the phone trying to find that one doctor. I am so discouraged I don't know where to turn anymore!

willyoubetrue
on 2/24/18 2:09 pm - Zachary, LA

Hi Mrs Jencrouch... Well I'm going to definitely keep in touch with you on new information and leads... I had 3 people from this site help me so I have helped someone else and everything panned out good for them with that same doctor's office. It's just my insurance is not cooperating with paying what they're asking for so it's a hold up and that one reason has killed my whole spirit about getting my surgery... Email me and we can talk more I'm at [email protected]... Hope to hear from you soon!

Jencrouch_
on 2/25/18 5:40 am - Springfield , La

I have Health Blue as well. You have to contact healthy Louisiana. That is the Medicaid office itself. They give you a really hard time but you can request a change in your plan. When I spoke with them they told me I needed supporting documents and medical records. I asked what type of supporting documents and never could get an answer. I am not sure what to put in my letter other than all of the surgeons I have contacted. I cannot wait until open enrollment which is in July and takes effect in September. I will no longer have Medicaid coverage by that time. Wish you best of luck! I'm trying to get a loan and go to Mexico. My daughter is in the medical field and several of her employees used a specific group called Quality Medical Facilitators. They all had an awesome experience the cost is around 4500. You can look them up one line or on Facebook. Best of luck to you!

Most Active