I'm back on track after Months

tununi
on 6/27/12 10:35 am - Geismar, LA
OKAY, SO I'VE BEEN OFFLINE FOR A REALLY LONG TIME AND I CANT SEEM TO FIND ANY OF MY OLD FRIENDS.I STEAL HAVEN'T HAD MY SURGERY AND I WANT IT SO BAD. I TRULY BELIEVE SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH ME. I WAS PLACED ON A 1200 CALORIE DIET BY VANESSA BACK IN FEB. IT WAS FOR ME TO LOSS 50 POUNDS BY JULY SO THAT I COULD HAVE MY SURGERY. NEEDLESS TO SAY I HAVENT LOST A POUND. BUT TODAY'S A NEW DAY. I WOKE UP WITH IT ON MY MIND AND NOTHING GOING TO STOP ME THIS TIME AROUND. I HAVE NOT 1 PERSON IN MY CIRCLE THAT SUPPORTS THE DECISON I'VE MADE SO I'M DOING THIS ON MY OWN.
CravingSkinny
on 6/28/12 11:50 am - LA
VSG on 06/14/12
 You can do it! I really suggest changing to Dr. Noria.  She is a new surgeon in Dr. Bellow's office.  Vanessa is no longer there. Dr. Noria took control of my case and I am now sleeved! Losing weight is extremely hard but if replace a meal with a protein shake at least once, maybe twice a week, you will lose.  I wish you the best of luck!  I am 2wks post op today and the weight is falling off.  It is a long process but so worth it!  

tununi
on 6/28/12 5:54 pm - Geismar, LA
Thanks so much for the encouragement!!!!! I had Dr.Noria at one time and i changed back to Dr.Bellows because Vanessa told me Dr.Noria had so many ppl to sleeve.I wanted to keep her. I guess that's why they say follow your first mind. Did u have to lose any weight before u had your surgery? I'm asking because Vanessa told me 50 pounds.I don't know about everybody else but its really hard for me. If i could lose the weight i wouldn't be trying to get sleeved. Again thanks for taking the time to listen and respond to my post.
CravingSkinny
on 6/29/12 2:52 am - LA
VSG on 06/14/12
 They both require 20% of your current weight lost before surgery.  Dr. Noria also included my 3 wk liquid diet amounts in that.  I had to lose 25lbs and did about 15 by myself and then the rest fell off with the liquid diet.  I'm sorry you switched back.  I wouldn't trade Dr. Noria for the world. I was her first sleeve at Tulane. I go for my 2 wk post op today.  Excited to move on to the next phase of my diet. If you ever need to talk, hit me up.  Good luck! 

Melissa

Shaniceh01
on 6/29/12 10:35 am - Ruston, LA
 Hi I recently switched to dr. Noria and I'm done with all my neccessary appointments, she wanted me to loose 15 pounds, my last visit was June 11 and my next appointment is July 6 and I'm down but i was wondering how does counting it with the liquid diet works, did she submit your things before u lost the weight?
CravingSkinny
on 6/29/12 10:47 am - LA
VSG on 06/14/12
I was approved before my final pre-op weigh in.  She can postpone it after you are approved if you do not lose the weight. But no worries.  I lost most of mine during the liquid diet.  If she thinks you are on track to make it, you're fine.  Good luck!  Hopefully you get a surgery date at your next appt!!!

Shaniceh01
on 6/29/12 10:53 am - Ruston, LA
 I sure hope so, how many preop weigh ins are their? I'm so nervous about this next appointment.
CravingSkinny
on 6/30/12 2:05 am - LA
VSG on 06/14/12
 I only had 1.  That came after my date was set and I was approved.  

Shaniceh01
on 6/30/12 2:44 am - Ruston, LA
 Okay thanks
tununi
on 7/1/12 7:10 am, edited 7/1/12 7:11 am - Geismar, LA
I don't think Vanessa ever submitted my paper work.I have never gotten an approval letter or anything all my test are completed. I will def be calling on Monday to find out why i never received a date. I was under the impression u have to lose the weight before u would get an approval letter. Vanessa only said I'd be scheduled sometime in Sept and that she was sending in my paperwork. But i never got anything from my insurance nor have i heard anything from the doctors office. I'm so upset right now!!!!!! Maybe if i had a date i would have something to focus on so i can get this weight off.
TuNuNi
Most Active