Protien Shakes

Dawn K.
on 8/13/03 4:23 am - Hendersonville, TN
Hey Post-Ops! I have a question about protien shakes. I ordered a BUNCH of samples from VITALADY and have probably tried 4 so far and all but one of them really is awful. DO ya'll have any tricks that you use to make them taste better? ALL of the chocolate ones taste to me like chocolate and wheat mixed together. I have mixed one of the vanilla ones with diet orange soda and that was pretty decent. Any other tricks out there like that? As always, thanks for your help! Only 15 more days to go! YIPPE! Time is really flying by! Dawn
Click
on 8/13/03 11:48 am
Dawn, your day is so almost here!! Woo hooo I personally can't stand ANY of the powdered drinks. I really like the Sci-Fit Amino Fusion 5000 that I order from vitalady. I use the grape flavor and mix it with a bottle of 24 oz. water and it taste just like grape Kool-Aid. There's also fruit punch or raspberry. I've never tried other flavors and have used this since day one. I can also now finally tolerate the EAS Carb Control (bought at Wal-Mart) again. Immediately post-op I couldn't stand the smell of chocolate, but I got over that within a few months. Anyway, I like the Dark Rich Chocolate 5 g of carbs and the Chocolate Fudge 2 g carbs. I couldn't stand the Strawberry Cream. They are in premade cartons and you get 4 per pack. Perfect for the office or on the go. I just keep lots in the fridge at home and work so I can get one anytime I need it. You are doing the right thing though for testing out different protein drinks! BIG HUGS!!!
Deanna_K
on 8/14/03 12:54 am - Sandy, OR
Ditto on the whole powdered thing...couldn't get over the texture I drink a pre-mixed one as well. Have you tried any "smoothie" type mixtures..like adding a banana to the vanilla..I had a couple of those post-op they were tolerable. Did you go to the Library here on the site and check for recipes...I'm thinking I've seen some on the Q&A board in the past. Can't wait 'til your a LOSER too!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
SUPPORT GROUPS
KansasPrincess · 1 replies · 6507 views
Insurance Help.
tj91116 · 1 replies · 6412 views
Who is your primary doctor?
kw0299 · 8 replies · 7863 views
UHC Community Plan (KS Medicaid)?
kw0299 · 0 replies · 6896 views