Wednesday Roll Call

ChristineB
on 8/19/15 4:01 am, edited 8/19/15 11:46 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

I was going to put up the roll call yesterday and then time got away from me at work. I had other things on my mind also and it was a vein procedure to be done at 4pm. When one has venous insufficiency you develop a lot of ugly surface veins. These need to be taken care of or they might ulcerate. This all rolled downhill from my mom and her dad as they had it also. Other than being wrapped from top to bottom of the leg it was not too bad. The best part is that insurance will pay for 3 sessions of each leg.

Need to finish getting ready for work.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

LisaTucker
on 8/19/15 7:40 am - IL

We are home. I will post pictures as soon as I can figure out how to get them off of Hubert's phone and put them on mine. I never can get the air- drop to work.

We shopped and went to some shows, the best one was Million Dollar Quartet. If you get a chance, go and see the play. It was great.

I am still unpacking, doing laundry and putting stuff away.

Hugs,

Lisa

crystal M.
on 8/19/15 10:21 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I am actually starting feel the medicine kick in.  My head doesn't feel like a thousand pounds...ugh.  As long I keep my throat lubricated I don't cough.  The way I was coughing yesterday I thought I was getting bronchitis but the doctor said my lungs are clear.  It's just irritation from my throat.  Which is a good thing.  Bronchitit can take forever to get over. 

Christine-  I'm not sure what it is you are talking about.  I will have to look that up.  I do have some veins on my leg that look like they may be developing into varicose.  Not sure if that is the same sort of thing.

Lisa-  The fastest way I know to get pictures from Greg's phone onto mine.  I have him text me or email them to me.  From there it's easy-peasy. 

Today we are having the pork chops.  We ended up having chicken salad last night because of the rain.  So grilled pork chops tonight. 

Funny, I really don't lose my appetite when I'm sick.  I have to go a lot slower because my band feels tighter and my throat is sore but I am hungry hungry hungry.  You would think getting sick is prime time to lose weight....not for me. 

Well back to work.  I have to try to swallow this Augmenten pill down.  It's HUGE!!!

ChristineB
on 8/19/15 4:40 am, edited 8/19/15 4:46 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

Venous insufficiency causes swelling of the lower limbs. For me mostly the right ankle and calf. The valves in the vein do not open/close properly and the blood does not circulate back up to the heart correctly. I had two real deep veins that needed to be laser closed by the doctor last year. Varicose veins can cause other surface veins to come up and spider veins. They (surface veins) are dangerous not to have treated because for extreme cases they can ulcerate and cause a bad infection. One simple treatment is wearing compression hose. Those things will practically strangle you trying to put them on especially the full length ones and they are hot. I call them my boa constrictor hose. I only need to wear them when I notice swelling that lasts more than a couple days.

Basically the wrap I am in is an Ace bandage. It is a compression wrap and it is to protect the injections sights from infection. I could not get the leg wet this morning. I had to put bags over my leg while in the shower.

What I was saying about my mom and her dad is that this condition is hereditary.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

carlak
on 8/19/15 1:34 pm - Bradenton, FL

Hi all,

I just got back from Denver. I'll be driving to Chicago September 19th. My Daughter and I are having a Hugh family dinner for my husband for his 70th birthday on the 26th of September. It's also my Grandaughters 2nd birthday.

I paid for my daughters friend to fly from Denver to Chicago to surprise her!! She has no idea that her friend is coming for five days!!!

i don't know how I'm going to pull it off getting out of the house at 10om to go get her at the airport and not tell ,y daughter where I'm going so late!!! Maybe I'll just tell her I'm staying at my sisters house!!!

anyway I'm so tired today!! I'm just chilling!!!

carla

image hosting site

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1101 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5623 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5366 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5393 views