The Date is set!!

mercynursiesurgery
on 1/20/10 10:17 pm
OMG!!!  I finally have the surgery date set!!!!!!!!!!! It is March 2!  I'm sure it will be here before I know it.  Any wise words of wisdom for the month of preparation until then.  I wasn't nervous before the date got set, but now that it has, it's like I can't even think straight!!!  Oh boy, am I ever excited!  It took 15 months, but I have finally made it!!

Carol B
NE Iowa
carolia
on 1/20/10 10:41 pm - IA
Carol,

Congratulations on your surgery date!!  It is a time of excitement but those nerves are also part of it.  You will do just fine and the next few weeks until March 2nd gets here will just fly by for you.  I remember getting my surgery date and thinking it was so far away.  But the time went so fast that I couldn't believe it.  Stay focused and do all the prep you need to do until surgery.  You will do awesome, Carol.

Keep us posted on here and let us know how you are doing.  We are here for you even if the forum has been quiet for some time.  I check in often but don't always post..........which I'm sure others do too.  We ARE here for you and want to know how things are going with you, so please post often!!

Take care and stay warm! 
Carol

Kim M.
on 1/22/10 1:12 am - IA

Congratulations Carol!

The weeks between getting my date and having surgery went by quickly for me and I hope that they do for you too!

Something that I did ahead of time that was helpful to me was trying different kinds of protein shakes so that I found one that I could handle drinking and had on hand when I got home.  Also, I sorted the pills into one of those daily pill boxes so that I was ready for at least the first week at home.

I wish you all of the best and look forward to updates on your many successes!!! 

Kid Krazed Kim

Most Active
Recent Topics