New to IA Forum

jamesluvselvis
on 9/29/09 12:12 pm - Cedar Rapids, IA
Hello- I have been a visitor to this website for the last 8 months.  I finally decided to become a OH member as I just recieved the approval letter from BCBS and will be having my pre-op testing in October. I am hoping to schedule a surgery date in November. I am very excited and nervous about the surgery.  I am glad I found this website and the all the wonderful resources!

Thanks!
Jaime
AMFOGART
on 9/30/09 12:44 pm - Anamosa, IA

Hi! I just joined yesterday and am deciding whether to have the surgery or not. I see you are going with Dr. Glas**** and I have heard good things about him. Did you attend one of the seminars? Did you find it helpful? I have BCBS also, did they give you a hard time? Good luck with your pre-op and please keep in touch!

Thanks,

Angela
jamesluvselvis
on 10/1/09 12:30 pm - Cedar Rapids, IA
Hi there!  I did attend a seminar in Cedar Rapids.  It was information and good to get the helpful package of information and checklist.  The process has actually been very smooth as long as you do what is required.  BCBS requires 6 months documented weight loss program - the package of info has a document you can have your physician fill out (just make 6 copies).  I did have my sleep study done and scheduled and once i had that the office at Satori sent in the documents for pre approval.  I received the approval in 10 days.  It was pretty quick!

good luck to you...keep in touch!
neweyeswideopen
on 10/1/09 1:01 pm - Cedar Rapids, IA
HELOOOOOO!  I have surgery scheduled on Oct 22 With Dr. G! ..just went through everything. I also have BSBS, they were wonderful in the approval process only took 7 days. So far I am in love with Sartori and alllll the staff and doctors I've met. They make sure you're ready, which I sadly feel is lost  in a lot of other hospitals and clinics.  Good Luck to both of you! 
"To dream, I must imagine pure joy, belive I can achieve perfection, and take pride in a life changing journey" - ME

jamesluvselvis
on 10/3/09 6:20 am - Cedar Rapids, IA
Let me know how all your pre-op stuff goes.  I have mine on 10/19...a fun filled day to look forward to.  I am assuming that I will get a surgery date then.  My husband is still a little bit iffy about the whole thing.  He had a friend that had the surgery several years ago and she chose not to follow the rules and has know gained back everyting and more.  I am trying to gain his support but it has been a bit tough. Or i think i just might be frustrated that this is one thing all my life i have not been successful at - and I need to be.I have haven't made the decision to tell my folks yet.  My mom's sister had the procedure 10+ years and was very successful. But in my mom's eyes I am not overweight enought to have the surgery.  I don't think I carry 130 lbs that well!!  I look foward to seeing how your journey goes! 
AMFOGART
on 10/3/09 12:38 pm - Anamosa, IA
  I am sure that as your confidence and commitment builds your husband will get on board! My mother was the one who encouraged me to learn more info because I have been thinking about it for a while. I am mainly concerned about being off work because it would be challenging for me to be gone more then a week. Good luck on your pre-op tests!
neweyeswideopen
on 10/4/09 8:56 am - Cedar Rapids, IA
Hi there! I will be there on the 19th as well! going up for a 2:45 class and then meeting with Dr. G! Plan for a looooooong day!  You should get a surgery date that day..I did.
"To dream, I must imagine pure joy, belive I can achieve perfection, and take pride in a life changing journey" - ME

MelissaF
on 10/2/09 6:47 am - Northwood, IA
Ladies!!!! ALL of you are going to feel so fantastic with your decision, I promise!

DR. G ROCKS! Love him!!! :-)
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

MrsSmith50009
on 10/2/09 6:29 pm
welcome!  And congrats on your approval letter! 
cheryl B.
on 10/3/09 11:00 am - southeastern, IA
Welcome all of you newcomers!!  I had the lapband surgery May 26th by Dr G and I couldn't have been more happy with the staff and hospital stay.  I just had my second fill last Friday so I am anxious to kick it in gear again!!!!  Good luck to all of you.
P.S. I drive 2.5 hours each way just to go to Dr G office, I could have went to any of the other places, DSM, IA city,Davenport or Grinnell and I chose him because I felt I would be in exellent hands.  I have heard good things about other places but it all comes down to your comfort zone and knowing what feels right for you!!! 
Cheryl B.

Most Active
Recent Topics